CCI standard velocity for Ruger's 70 year anniversary - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-17-2019, 11:14 AM
Calamity Sue's Husband

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
CCI standard velocity for Ruger's 70 year anniversary

I'm not sure I posted this so I thought I would put it in a new thread. The case I ordered late last week came last night, in fine shape too. Pics of the 5 slide box and the Ruger head stamp are below. I paid exactly $7 a slide delivered, which was a little cheaper for me than Target Sports as they charge me tax now. Might be cheaper if you are a member. Still, for CCI sv, it's not that cheap, but they are a one time run. I had planned to go shooting tomorrow to try out a slide, but that was canceled due to a doc appointment. Maybe next week.

Normally at this time of the year I would look for these and the Xmas rounds at Walmart, but I can usually get them cheaper elsewhere. Also, the store managers around me said in the future, they would only be selling shotgun rounds. Whether true or not remains to be seen.

Old 10-17-2019, 11:33 AM
ricky9x22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Where did you order from, please? This might make a nice Christmas present for a few folks! Like Me!!!!!!!!
Rick
Old 10-17-2019, 12:19 PM
Calamity Sue's Husband

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
There's a whole lot of folks that have these now. Use the Google link below. I bought them from TSS since they didn't charge me tax and I've bought from them before. I would think the locals should be getting them soon, but probably at ripoff prices.

https://www.google.com/search?biw=13...DRc4ChDh1QMICw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2019, 03:38 PM
ricky9x22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamity Sue's Husband View Post
There's a whole lot of folks that have these now. Use the Google link below. I bought them from TSS since they didn't charge me tax and I've bought from them before. I would think the locals should be getting them soon, but probably at ripoff prices.

https://www.google.com/search?biw=13...DRc4ChDh1QMICw
Thank you! I found some and have them coming!!! A few little stocking stuffers for Christmas!
Rick
Old 10-17-2019, 07:43 PM
JeepsAndGuns

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I got my two boxes the other day. Mine are just to put in my collection, not shoot.
I think the ruger emblem headstamp was a really nice touch.
Old 10-21-2019, 04:12 PM
DaveInDenver

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Are the specs the same as regular CCI/SV's? I see the word "target" is emphasized on the label... so was wondering if that is just marketing or if it is a target/match grade.

Hope you folks who have it coming will post some POI results.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:21 PM
Cowpokey
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
Are the specs the same as regular CCI/SV's? I see the word "target" is emphasized on the label... so was wondering if that is just marketing or if it is a target/match grade.

Hope you folks who have it coming will post some POI results.
They are the same as CCI SV, just with a Ruger head stamp and label on the slides. CCI SV says "Target" on the boxes as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CCI-SV.jpg (133.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 10-22-2019, 10:31 PM
davew

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
I think the ruger emblem headstamp was a really nice touch.
I'd be more interested in buying it if it also had the typical obnoxious Ruger warnings imprinted on each and every cartridge. That'd make it a true Ruger Anniversary Edition
Old 10-25-2019, 12:02 AM
Randy99CL
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've never been a cartridge collector but when I found two mint boxes of 2016 Hornady 204 Ruger I wrapped them in plastic wrap to preserve the silver foil. My son will someday decide whether or not to shoot them.

I'll buy some of this rimfire just because the headstamp is cool.
The best price I've seen so far is just about the same as regular CCI SV. https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst...edition-100box
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ruger 204.jpg (53.9 KB, 89 views)
Old 10-25-2019, 03:51 AM
polarys425

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I ordered some...enough to shoot some, and keep some. The headstamp was the deciding factor, as I do not need anymore rimfire ammo otherwise....