Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-08-2019, 05:38 PM
TTE Phil

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Pick up one of these

a few weeks ago. Shoots pretty good, but sent it off to CPC anyway.

My question, does the plastic butt cap on the end just "pop off" with a screwdriver?

Was hoping to put some kind of recoil pad/extension on it. Maybe someone makes one, ... don't know. The stock is ok, but a tad short.

Any advise would be appreciated.

https://www.rkguns.com/ruger-10-22-c...ter-31139.html
Old 10-08-2019, 05:47 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1004673628?pid=425407
Old 10-08-2019, 07:10 PM
TTE Phil

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks. I saw those online as well. They are not the same as the one on this particular stock.

There are no screws holding in the butt plate and the top is (where the top screw is on the online replacement) much shorter I think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2019, 01:15 PM
Pastprime
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (119)
I also bought one of these. It's still in the box. Not sure which way to go with it. Let us know how it does when you get it back. If Randy can work his magic on one of these, it would be the ultimate "sleeper" IMHO.....

Hank
Old 10-10-2019, 01:31 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I so wish they would make an extension replacement like that one at Midway that has a flat pad on the shoulder, seems like that should have happened long ago.
If you can find out how that new one attaches you might get some ideas what to do.
Old 10-10-2019, 06:03 PM
Chaser
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Man.. I did not know they changed them... not a plastic stock fan so.. not held one lately.
I would be tempted to add some length with a pull on..may not even notice the dip/curve near the center IF the pull on is stiff/has some backer in it.

https://www.amazon.com/Pachmayr-Dece.../dp/B00542J1PO
https://www.amazon.com/Allen-Company...9JT5P76307KGHX
https://www.amazon.com/LimbSaver-Air...8G5VF1DPHJME8P
Old 10-10-2019, 06:21 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Ive had some experience with cobbled together slip-ons. It would be best to make a filler piece, some dense foam can do.
Another plastic stock I got had the curve cut off then the slip-on glued on. Worked, but less than elegant.
Old 10-10-2019, 06:44 PM
Chaser
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrank1 View Post
Ive had some experience with cobbled together slip-ons. It would be best to make a filler piece, some dense foam can do.
Another plastic stock I got had the curve cut off then the slip-on glued on. Worked, but less than elegant.
Could be the case for sure.. but IMO the Pachmayr and the Limbsaver is a real stretchy and tacky rubber that may just be the ticket.. I would order from Amazon.. get one of each.. keep the one that works the best .. and then EZ returns
Old 10-16-2019, 09:20 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I can confirm that the butt plates pry right off with a screwdriver. You gotta come in from the top though. Bought my first with both the butt plate and medallion missing, and have been meaning to make a 3d printed replacement for each. I would like a longer lop as well. When I get he from work later tonight I can take some pics.
Old 10-16-2019, 07:26 PM
TTE Phil

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyTim View Post
I can confirm that the butt plates pry right off with a screwdriver. You gotta come in from the top though. Bought my first with both the butt plate and medallion missing, and have been meaning to make a 3d printed replacement for each. I would like a longer lop as well. When I get he from work later tonight I can take some pics.
Cool ..... thanks