10/22 T? Ruger 1121 due in.... - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-10-2019, 10:33 AM
msp2640
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
10/22 T? Ruger 1121 due in....

Gents - I'm more of a rimfire bolt gun guy, but I stumbled upon info on these a short time ago. Originally, it was the stainless version (#1262) that I noticed and read about, found one NIB listed on GB for less money than most all of the others......seller won't ship to Mass. No idea why, there are no restrictions on them here, but it was a lost sale for them. Started reading more, found there was a blued/brown laminate version, 20 in hammer forged HB also made, but now discontinued as well. Several available, new and used on GB, won one on auction last night NIB from a different seller, obviously! I'm realistic about this, as I really don't need another 22, but like the idea of a heavy barrel, as I don't have one in 22 LR. I don't plan on putting alot of money into it, as I just don't shoot enough to justify it and when I do, I always bring something different to the range each trip. For the most part, it will be a 50 yd range rifle, most likely scoped with a 3-9X, probably get it out a few times a year, if I'm lucky. I hope it shoots well enough from the factory, if needed maybe a trigger upgrade, but I'm interested in hearing any thoughts, comments on those that have used these models. Thanks for your time - Bill in MA
Old 10-10-2019, 10:56 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Itís a nice gun! Congratulations! But as it is a Target gun, it really should have a target scope, at least 24x for you really to enjoy it. The Mueller 8x32 x44 is imho a good choice. $200 or less if you shop around. Shoot it a couple of times, and once you are in love, then think about up grades. If you are a diy guy then the options are endless. If you are not , then the CPC full tune is great. Chamber cuts barrel, bolt job, trigger job, cleaning hole , for a little over $200, and you have it all!

Have fun, use Sv ammo, and the 1022 itch will begin. Fortunately itís easily satified
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 817A4066-59B7-4B70-8E56-BA0CD6BC9981.jpg (506.9 KB, 21 views)
Old 10-10-2019, 11:09 AM
Pa22Rimfire
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought one as soon as I found out they were to be discontinued. I wanted a 10/22 Target for some time but did not take the plunge until Pennsylvania made semi's legal for small game. I do not regret buying it. In fact I am more than satisfied with mine. I mounted a Leupold VX Freedom Rimfire 3x9 MOA on it. It has fast become a favorite squirrel rifle. It functions perfectly with SV ammo. It is accurate and the trigger is actually a lot better than I thought it would be. I don't mind the weight. I actually like it. It makes it easier to hold it steady for those long shots. I am sure you will enjoy it. I would experiment with various brands of ammo though to see what it likes. 22's can be fussy. Mine likes CCI Standard and CCI Sub-Sonic 40gr. HP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2019, 11:46 AM
msp2640

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks

I don't shoot any matches or anything long distance for that matter, so it would be great if it shoots well, as is. For the distances I'll be using it, I don't think I'll need a big expensive scope, so I'm thinking a middle of the road 3-9X should work. I have another 10/22 set up with a matte finish Leupold base and rings and will probably go that route as well, not a big fan of the Weaver style or blackened aluminum. The Leupold finish seemed to blend in well with the factory receiver finish.
PA22 do you recall when these were discontinued? I always seem to miss the boat when the models I like are around or find out I like a model well after it was available. I had to scramble to find the other 10/22 I have scoped, as it was a limited production run for TALO back in 2015, full stock, basket weave checkered french walnut with butt plate and swivels studs (#11104). Found a NIB one this past Spring finally, which was reasonably priced. This new rifle will be fat and over-sized, in comparison to the sleek international stocked one! Thanks Bill in MA
Old 10-10-2019, 06:03 PM
Pa22Rimfire
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think they were discontinued in 2017. I bought mine shortly there after. I like my 10/22 fat and over-sized!
Old 10-10-2019, 06:35 PM
gcrank1

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Now that you have become an aficionado of nice 10-22s you should up your choices in glass, you will be glad you did.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:41 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Picked one up myself recently... fun shooting with a scope and bipod.

There is a few still available on CDNN....
Old 10-11-2019, 07:54 AM
msp2640

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think it was CDNN that had the listing on GB, that wouldn't ship to MA. They had a good price on the SS version. It's ironic that I have ordered long guns from them in the past, but that was at least 10 years ago. Crazy turn of events, I'm happy it didn't work out, as I like the blued/ brown laminate model better anyway! Thanks Bill in MA
Old 10-11-2019, 08:26 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrank1 View Post
Now that you have become an aficionado of nice 10-22s you should up your choices in glass, you will be glad you did.
Me thinks the op is young, or has young good eyes! I canít remember when I could see the holes in the paper target at 9X at 50 yards!

But I like to see this when I look thru my scope
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C3650B7E-9074-4DE3-AD82-FEEA79C48EA7.jpg (492.2 KB, 12 views)
Old 10-15-2019, 02:12 PM
msp2640

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
TM22 - Well I'm younger than some, but older than most! I actually have that particular Mueller scope you mentioned on a AR I built with a 24" bbl several years ago, alot of scope for the money. I actually just ordered a Banner 4-12x40 for it, as I'm still awaiting it's arrival to the FFL from UPS. The Banner should be plenty of scope for the shooting and distances I use. This will be a nice, but fun gun for 50 yds or so, not looking to pour a bunch of money into it. Hope to have it by the end of the week! Thanks Bill in MA
Old 10-16-2019, 07:40 AM
Basrem

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
As anything one or two will shoot exceptionally well I bought one the second year that came out. I shot every kind of high-dollar ammo you could find shot just out of half an inch or a little over and that was cherry picking had a 36 power scope on it. An elderly gentleman was selling his carbine 10/22 he had since the dawn of time I shot a few rounds of RWS through it at 50 yards and itclover leafed it did every group I shot no trigger job no glass bedding. Should take from that what you will

Sent from my LM-X410.FGN using Tapatalk