Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-02-2019, 09:44 PM
Hamrick

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bergara BXR 22LR

Does anyone have any info on this rifle? Sounds like a 10/22 clone but would really like to see a picture of one.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:20 PM
Hacker

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Just announced today.

https://www.bergara.online/us/rifles/bxr/

I like it.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:32 PM
GladesGuy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
10/22 clone but no reviews yet. I suspect Bergara will be distributing them to the press to hype up the launch which is scheduled for the summer 2019. Their centerfire rifles are very accurate with Bergara barrels, so these may be worth a look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2019, 09:57 AM
Tree

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
thumbnail_20190924_132921.jpg
Been to windy to go to the range but it seems very well built and has a great trigger. I paid $450 which is an amazing buy when you add up what it would cost to duplicate.
Old 09-28-2019, 06:19 PM
sansarcroad

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have been patiently waiting for these to be in circulation. They seem to check all the right boxes for me and I am looking forward to buying one when my supplier has them.

Thank you for the heads up, and I look forward to your evaluation.
Old 09-28-2019, 08:04 PM
Tree

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The grey scope looks better up close. There are grey specks on the stock that tie everything together.
Old 10-12-2019, 04:43 PM
sansarcroad

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Preliminary report

Like a new bike for Christmas, my BXR 1 arrived along with winter storm season. Preliminary observations: packaging is basic cardboard box with a couple foam spacers. No lock, no tools, and a very brief manual. Slightly less than $500 OTD.

I like the look and feel of the gun, and what I can see appears to be well crafted. The bolt slides nicely and the trigger (nonadjustable) is much better than most semi-auto rimfires. No glaring parting lines, flashing or tool marks. No iron sights.

Mag release works like AK--push paddle forward. The magazine in my gun is reluctant to drop, so am working on technique and will try a few R mags later. Bolt hold open is manual, positive. Thread protector moves easily. Flush QD mounts fore and aft on sides, with stud for bipod attachment.

My specimen bears a serial number below 300, so I suppose my eagerness has made me a beta tester. I will try to get the bore swabbed and do some function testing in a day or two, but now have to figure out a good scope in the 12 to 24 max power range. Once I have a good scope mounted I will be anxious to try a variety of ammo and magazines to see if this project shows promise. I will update when I can.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:15 PM
Tap

TPC Rating: 
100% (41)
Very interested in the accuracy.
Old 10-27-2019, 06:56 PM
targetshooter22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Welp, I just brought the carbon fiber barrel version home. Ordered a scope and rings, hopefully this next weekend I can try it out.
Old 11-06-2019, 03:43 PM
2Barrels
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Have yet to lay my hands on a BXR - of any flavor,steel or CF. I will say this tho, I was/am disappointed that they released this 10/22 clone without adding the one feature that all 10/22 have lacked since day one - last shot bolt lock back. Yes, T/C did it with the TCR22, at the expense of having to use T/C magazines. I for one am not spending the money on a TCR22 that has a stock and barrel, I don't care for.

One (me, anyways), would think that the last shot bolt lock back would be a feature that all 10/22 clones should now incorporate, and yet allow users to use 'legacy' 10/22 magazines. Pretty sure if Bergara has really put their nose to the grindstone, they could have conjured up a solution.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:11 PM
GreggieBoy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Curious if it is a more accurate 10/22 clone?
Old 11-07-2019, 11:21 AM
targetshooter22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Range Trip Repeat Needed

Took my new rifle out to the range last weekend. Sadly, results were inconclusive, but here are some observations.

The model I have is the carbon fiber barrel. It's very light, so I weighed it down with a Vortex Viper 6-24x50 scope. All shooting was off bags.

1. The trigger is great. It's sort of a very light and short two stage with only a little take up and then a crisp and light break. I don't know the weight, but it's low.

2. The action is buttery smooth and functions very well. The failures I had were related to the magazine (see below).

3. The Bergara magazine provided left a little to be desired. I had several FTF where it looked like the bullet hung up in the magazine. This happened with both high and low quality ammunition. Using Ruger magazines had fewer issues. I *think* the metal feeding mechanism is a little rough or the spring is tight.

4. The magazine release lever is nice.

5. I'm not good at mounting scopes. About half way through I found out the screws holding the rings to base were a little loose. This made me question some of the accuracy results.

6. Try as I might, I'm not great at shooting. Accuracy was definitely good, likely aided by the trigger and I'm guessing barrel. I didn't get any results that I would call breath taking, but it was definitely accurate with CCI Minimag, CCI Standard Velo, Federal Champion (bulk), Federal Target ($), and oddly, Winchester 333/555 (prone to flyers).

Next steps are to make sure the scope is mounted properly, then do some more retesting. I should probably get some serious practice in as well. Sometime next year I'd like to get a can for it and see how that affects accuracy and "fun" factor.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:21 PM
sansarcroad

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
good experience at first outing

First time in the field today was function testing, and sighting in an old BSA contender variable scope of unknown history. Shots were high and way left initially, but we got settled in at about 40 rounds. Sun was setting behind the target, the scope wasn't clear and range was busy, but

a. no malfunctions of any type with CCI std vel and federal auto match
b. manual bolt latch, bolt handle and magazine release were easy to use
c. stock felt good and sat well in the rest, using all spacers supplied
d. trigger was light and safety felt good
e. both loads grouped well, but the auto match produced more vertical groups

The trigger was light and pleasant to use, but is not a high precision target unit. I look forward to shooting this gun a lot more. Original 10 shot 50 yd groups were maybe 1.25" in width and the HV was 2.0" or so vertically. Clearly there is plenty of room for improvement, but the weak points are likely the glass and the nut behind the butt.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:58 PM
tacticaltoad

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've had multiple 3 round sub .5" groups at 50 yards. I've done it with CCI standard velocity, federal GMM, and CCI mini mags. A couple probably measured .3. I dont get too caught in measuring, I just enjoy shooting.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-2019, 11:04 PM
Loke
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Any issues with the magazines? The guns we have in our store have quite a time getting the magazines out.