What's that one rifle that's juuuust beyond your reach, your "lottery" firearm?? - Page 4 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-11-2019, 06:19 PM
DrGunner
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)

Full Cheytac M200 Intervention .375Cheytac package w/ ABC ballistic computer.

DrGunner
Old 10-11-2019, 08:08 PM
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailboss View Post
I've always felt quite content with a rimfire bolt action costing in the $350 or less range. Today, it's my 452 American that meets every desired trait and quality. There are finer made rifles and many decorated with gold and engraving, but they don't increase my enjoyment over the 452.

However, there is a shotgun or rather class of shotgun that is beyond my reach. Since before I was 10 years old, I longed for a quality and finely built double barrel shotgun. Savage and Fox never did it for me. Remington and Parker and Winchester were solid shotguns but not finely built in my opinion. I never wanted heavy engraving or gold inlaid, but rather a 6.4-6.8 pound 12 gauge with double triggers and extractors. Exceptionally well machined and finely made with modern steels.

Today, I suspect such a shotgun without deep engraving or gold adornment would easily cost $6-10 thousand. Just not going to happen, but it doesn't stop me from dreaming.
Have you ever handled a Winchester model 21? Great shotgun, very well made IMO, and handle like a shotgun should handle...

Bob
Old 10-11-2019, 10:39 PM
Fiddleharp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If money were no object, I'd have some super-gunsmith build me a left-handed, bolt-action .22 rifle fed from a buttstock tube magazine.
I'd have the only one of its kind in the world!
Old 10-12-2019, 03:12 AM
Trailboss
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSc View Post
Have you ever handled a Winchester model 21? Great shotgun, very well made IMO, and handle like a shotgun should handle...

Bob
Bob, I have handled a Winchester 21 and 23, both were very nice, the model 21 was very well made. My ideal shotgun would be lighter by 1+ pound and be used for upland bird hunting.
Old 10-12-2019, 12:15 PM
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailboss View Post
Bob, I have handled a Winchester 21 and 23, both were very nice, the model 21 was very well made. My ideal shotgun would be lighter by 1+ pound and be used for upland bird hunting.
Sounds like what you are looking for is a good over/under. I have an SKB 686 and it handles like a dream. After using it, I'm pretty sure I would prefer this shotgun over any side by side, even though I have handled some very nice SXS shotguns...

But then, the search is half the fun....

Bob
Old 10-12-2019, 05:25 PM
squirrelsniper

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Vudoo V22 in an AI stock, topped with a Nightforce 5-25x ATACR, and fired through a SilencerCo Sparrow II.

I could probably swing the price tag if I sold a bunch of stuff, but apparently I like the variety I have better than having just one 22LR.
Old 10-12-2019, 10:18 PM
Trailboss
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSc View Post
Sounds like what you are looking for is a good over/under. I have an SKB 686 and it handles like a dream. After using it, I'm pretty sure I would prefer this shotgun over any side by side, even though I have handled some very nice SXS shotguns...

But then, the search is half the fun....

Bob
Bob,

The weird thing is that you're probably correct about the over and under being perfect, but after spending 55+ years dreaming about the perfect side by side, I don't think I can change horses so easily. The side by side in my mind is of the perfect weight, pull, design, choke and overall feel and fine quality that it cannot be replaced. Again, I say weird, I know...
Old 10-13-2019, 01:24 AM
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Nothing weird about that at all that I can see. You want what you want and nothing else will fill that niche.... been there, done that...

Maybe while you're searching for the perfect side by side, you should try an over/under until your search for the perfect SXS is fulfilled and then try to rid yourself of the over/under...... I'm betting you'll have two favorite shotguns.... LOL

Bob
Old 10-13-2019, 03:49 AM
Phil in Alabama

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
One bolt gun that I've wished for many years, Kimber Super America. Always broke when I came across any, and now they are well out of reach forever. There's one more, a semiauto, a Miroku made Winchester 63 Deluxe. All steel semiautomatics are pretty rare, and those are beautifully polished, engraved and have prettier walnut than the standard 63's, plus unlike all but the last few years of original M63's they are grooved for scope mounts.
Old 10-13-2019, 07:41 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
OK, if we include doubles, I will play. With lottery money, I would be looking for a pristine cased Holland and Holland 4 bore double.
Old 10-13-2019, 09:56 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
B&T APR,
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg EFA8DADA-858B-488C-BCC4-7C68CAD9076C.jpeg (6.5 KB, 36 views)