The age old question, mkiv with volquartsen parts or spring for a volquartsen scorp? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-05-2019, 08:34 PM
AzShooter
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Go with the Black Mamba. It is easier to clean but the biggest advantage is the weight. With the lighter gun your transitions from target to target are much faster. Even with my 6 inch I can see a big difference.

Last week at the range an elderly bullseye shooter asked to try my Mamba and was very impressed with the weight. I gave him a VQ brochure and he told me he was going to order one.

He asked if I'd build it for him but I'm a parts swapper, not a gunsmith and don't want to push myself off as a qualified gunsmith if he has problems. I told him to buy direct from Volquartsen.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:57 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
For one not in tune with working on their own stuff, that was likely the proper advice too. VQ will stand behind any problem, and there are almost always quirks with rimfires of some nature. I've jacked with the the MKIII Pac-lite I built for my cousin (as well as my own) till I was blue in the face. At last, both run solid. His was a VQ bolt issue, mine ended up as a bad VQ hammer issue. Both run now. But if I was building for someone that didn't live 1/4 mile away and was not family, I sure wouldn't want that burden.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:14 AM
Trashyshoots

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I emailed them with my custom shop inquiry.

I want this clean, gorgeous upper

https://volquartsen.com/inventory_configurations/1545

On this lower, for the luger grip angle

https://volquartsen.com/inventory_configurations/1383

I didnt see a way to order that through their customshop builder. I am very excited.
Old 09-14-2019, 06:48 PM
Rmeintel
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashyshoots View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmeintel View Post
If you are looking at the Scorpion I would also check out the Hammerli Xesse. They are a little less than the Scorpion and they shoot very very well. Here is mine. I have an upgraded trigger and Nil grips on it. This is the 4.5 inch model. Champion Choice carries these. These used to be called the Sig Trailside. A lot of the people I compete with use these and the Sigs. Are they Walthers GSP or Pardinis? No but they will hang with them. Also mine shoots CCI SV well enough that I got my first 100 on the timed fire with it. I shoot bullseye at 50’
How often do those require a full take down and cleaning? Ive heard (might be hearsay) that a lot of European target pistols require a lot of deep cleaning to keep running well.
I have roughly 1100 rounds of CCI SV through it and haven’t deep cleaned it yet. I have wiped the feed ramp and wipe the crud off the breach face but that’s it. I do lube it pretty heavily before I shoot it. I think it stays pretty clean though because it is the short barrel version and it doesn’t get a lot of blow back.
Old 09-25-2019, 03:19 AM
Trashyshoots

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I did it gents, I ordered my volquartsen. Now the 2-3 month wait I was qouted. I guess that gives me time to stack mkIII mags and ammo.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:15 PM
handlebar
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
my Ruger MkII lower has a Volquartsen LLV-6 upper. It can out shoot my S&W 41. I like both, but this one will shoot anything I put in it. I happens to love Eley Hunting Sub-sonic 38 gr. 22's.
https://imgur.com/irJVsp6
https://imgur.com/rquTOMW
Old 10-12-2019, 12:52 AM
AzShooter
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Handlebar, Nice looking LLV-4. Mine shoots great with Blazer and I tried Eley Force today. First time Eley shot better. A little high but the groups were a nice small cluster with no vertical stringing.
Old 10-12-2019, 09:34 AM
handlebar
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
/Wirthwein Guns has MkII frames and parts. The easiest way to get a Volquartsen gun is to make one for less than you can buy. That is what I did. My Ruger frame has all Volquartsen inners.