Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-06-2019, 11:04 PM
jrothWA

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New to me, 882L bolt in 22WMR...

What to know about it? SN starts with "06", does that mean it was made in 1994?

3-9X 40 Simmons came with it and two magazines.

Is it possible to swap the barrel to 17 HMR???

Anyone with a manual care to made a .pdf" and share?

Thanks.
Old 10-10-2019, 12:02 AM
vinco
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
So what's an 882L? Is it a lefty? As with anything, it is certainly "possible" to swap the barrel to 17HMR, but it is basically way more trouble and difficult than the rifle is now or will ever be worth. Custom threading, headspacing, etc. Sounds like an interesting rifle!
Old 10-10-2019, 08:15 AM
Signalman1

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinco View Post
So what's an 882L? Is it a lefty? As with anything, it is certainly "possible" to swap the barrel to 17HMR, but it is basically way more trouble and difficult than the rifle is now or will ever be worth. Custom threading, headspacing, etc. Sounds like an interesting rifle!
Vinco sir IIRC the 882 L is for laminate...and JrothWA sir as far as changing barrels to a 17hmr may I suggest you find a 917 model to satisfy your need for a 17hmr rifle. I would go out and shoot your 22mag and see how it does for you. The 22mag is my favorite rim fire round...lots of different bullet weights to shoot for many different needs...where the 17Hmr only has the 15, 17 and 20 grain bullets.

I bought a 917 VSF Varmint Stainless Fluted rifle the (one in front) and man what a pleasure this rifle is for a bull barrel rifle the balance is pretty dog gone good.

I went out Gopher shooting this last May for a few days with my older brother and the first shot of the day was with my 917 VSF rifle at 140 yards out...and man was I impressed with this rifle.

My Marlin rifles are some of the most accurate rifles I own...and for the price they sell for they are the best deal I have ever had. The very top rifle in the picture is my 883 22mag rifle and it is my go to for any kind of shooting I have complete faith in this rifle I took it out every weekend I could for two years straight and I really got to know my rifle over that time...if I miss the shot it was me and not the rifle. I have been out shooting with my older and younger brother over at Cedarville and when both of them stop shooting to pick out shots for me to take and see if I would miss one...that does say something about this rifle. They would pick out shots that were very hard to do just part of a head shot or one very long range and I would get high 5s when they thought I could not hit the ones they picked out.

Look this is no BS my 883 will be the last rifle I will ever sell I am taking with me to the other side. Its that good. It has been the cheapest rifle I ever bought and it has given me the most pleasure of any 22mag rifle I own...my CZ 452 FS in 17hmr is a super close second to my marlin.

Signalman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2019, 06:28 PM
dangerranger
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)

The rifle on the bottom is a 25M with a Green Mountain bull barrel in 17 HMR. I caught the barrel on sale for $65. it was for a Ruger. I had to turn the barrel stub down, and recut the extractor grooves. All of that took less than an hour on the lathe. Other than that it has been a great rifle. Later on I added a second stock bolt to make the action and stock one. DR
Old 11-02-2019, 04:04 PM
jrothWA

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
How to clean a Marlin 882L magazine?

Spray with WD-40 and let dry and lightly spray LPS#1?

Try and pry bottom lip and pul off?

them clean with toothbrushand hoppes #9??

Thanks.
Old 11-02-2019, 04:06 PM
jrothWA

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
How to clean a Marlin 882L magazine?

Spray with WD-40 and let dry and lightly spray LPS#1?

Try and pry bottom lip and pull off?

them clean with toothbrush and manually clean with rag and Hoppes #9??

Thanks.