Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-05-2019, 10:48 PM
Pawa
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I just received a challenger today. do you have any thoughts on last round slide hold open?. I think a split fired case JB welded to the back of the Neos follower might work, Any thoughts anyone.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:49 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I shot my second series Match Target today with my first modified Neo magazine. All that is needed is to cut the retainer slot in the magazine. The thing ran perfectly, zero issues. The Neo magazine has a better build quality than the Triple K magazines and are available at less than half the cost. This won't be my only modified Neo magazine in the future. Thanks for the idea and write up.
Old 10-10-2019, 12:36 AM
SRV1

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 59801 View Post
I shot my second series Match Target today with my first modified Neo magazine. All that is needed is to cut the retainer slot in the magazine. The thing ran perfectly, zero issues. The Neo magazine has a better build quality than the Triple K magazines and are available at less than half the cost. This won't be my only modified Neo magazine in the future. Thanks for the idea and write up.
Glad it worked out for you but I would advise to pick up the Neos magazines while you can because they are discontinuing them.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:43 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
[img]https://i.imgur.com/DbtqHe1.jpg[/img]So I took your advice and purchased four more Neo magazines. There all running fine, 30 rounds each thru them. First ten were as fast as I could pull the trigger trying to jam up the pistol, no problems. Second ten were release rounds 1-3-5-7-9- of ten rounds manually fire it then check the next round that was auto loaded to see if the bullets are getting hammered. Rounds 2-4-6-8-and 10 were checked this way. No nose damage or bullet shaving from the chamber mouth. Final ten rounds were just normal plinking speed and again no problems. The center photo is a simple jig that was nailed together so that the magazines could be cut consistently with a Dremel. The Dremel #540 emery board cutting disk are pretty close to the cut thickness needed. Just cleaned the cut up with a needle file, the inside of the mag bodies with 600 grit sand paper around a dowel and a drop of oil and washed with dish soap. Once again thanks for the idea.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:59 PM
SRV1

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 59801 View Post
[img]https://i.imgur.com/DbtqHe1.jpg[/img]So I took your advice and purchased four more Neo magazines. There all running fine, 30 rounds each thru them. First ten were as fast as I could pull the trigger trying to jam up the pistol, no problems. Second ten were release rounds 1-3-5-7-9- of ten rounds manually fire it then check the next round that was auto loaded to see if the bullets are getting hammered. Rounds 2-4-6-8-and 10 were checked this way. No nose damage or bullet shaving from the chamber mouth. Final ten rounds were just normal plinking speed and again no problems. The center photo is a simple jig that was nailed together so that the magazines could be cut consistently with a Dremel. The Dremel #540 emery board cutting disk are pretty close to the cut thickness needed. Just cleaned the cut up with a needle file, the inside of the mag bodies with 600 grit sand paper around a dowel and a drop of oil and washed with dish soap. Once again thanks for the idea.
Great it worked out for you. I still have the pictures that were posted above. I have to upload them to another free website sometime soon so others can see what I did. Great job!
Old 11-17-2019, 11:17 PM
oldbird13
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
59801, those are some impressive stocks on that pistol. Where did you acquire those? Thanks!
Old 11-18-2019, 05:34 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The block of wood that the grips were made from Calico Hardwoods out of California.