Winchester's "new" 22 WMR load.... - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-08-2019, 06:02 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Winchester's "new" 22 WMR load....

Were Dynapoints rebranded in 22 magnum? I saw some boxes of 250 and I believe they said, "universal" load. I suspect they are those old crappy 45 grain plated rounds in a new package.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:46 PM
Plainsman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My Marlin and Sportster .22 WMRs LOVE Dynapoints! They were my favorite hunting round before the great ammo shortage! It was one of the two most accurate loads in both rifles. With Winchester Supremes being the other. Luckily, I bought as many as I had, because I still have some of those. I was ecstatic when I saw Walmart had 150 round boxes of them this year. Unfortunately, Walmart is the only place I’ve found them. At least the prices are back to where they were at the beginning of the shortage.

So “crappy” they are not...

Three different threads below:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...ght=dynapoints

Last edited by Plainsman; 10-08-2019 at 08:54 PM.
Old 12-22-2019, 10:00 AM
SuperX2Shootr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
They are definitely not Dynapoints. I recently bought a box and tried them. Way too many Fail to fires - and would take up to five times through to finally go off on those that did. Very inconsistent from those that would go off on the first go through.

It wasn't the gun - as other brands worked first time every time. I should also add that this is a dual cylinder gun: and the 22LR rounds worked flawlessly.

I have sent in to Winchester customer support (with the lot number and pictures of rounds that had been pinged 5 times w/out firing). Needless to say, I also have the remainder of the box - if they need/want what is left.

Very disappointing - especially as a Winchester Ammunition fan - but, I guess that is the reason why they are priced so low vs. their (and others) 22 Mag ammo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2020, 11:09 PM
Tripplebeards

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sounds like the same FTF experience I had with Winchesterís 2250 FPS varmint load. When they fired I received a .6Ē 100 yard group. The hornady 30 grainers go bang every time and will shoot a .3Ē when I do my part.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:50 PM
Tripplebeards

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I posted a review on Winchester’s website after I posted this and gave them a 2 star review because it was accurate but out of 8 or 9 brands I tried it was the only brand that had FTFs. They emailed the next day a call label for what I had left to test it and called me direct. I haven’t heard anything back buy it sounded like winchester customer service was eventually going to send a replacement box of ammo to try. I would say approx a quarter of the box were FTF‘s.

Last edited by Tripplebeards; 01-21-2020 at 05:54 PM.
Old 02-06-2020, 10:52 PM
SuperX2Shootr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
After my initial notification to them - they asked for me to send them the remainder of the box, and any of the ftf rounds that I still had. So, I did.

I e-mailed them last week to ask their findings. Customer Service did respond - not stating any findings or confirmations - that I would be getting a refund check for my purchase; within the next 4-6 weeks.
Old 02-06-2020, 11:02 PM
Tripplebeards

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I will have to give them a call tomorrow. I havenít heard anything since I sent mine in a few weeks back.
Old 02-08-2020, 03:59 PM
Plainsman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
They will send you a check in due time, but dont expect any news from them. That would open up a huge can of worms on their part. The only way you will find out if there was an issue is if there ends up being a recall on that LOT # of ammo.
Old 02-08-2020, 04:24 PM
jaia

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Winchester 45 grain Dynapoints?
ES of 100 fps for a box of 50.
Irregular cartridge dimensions.
Some chambered easily, some needed extra oomph.
8 inches of spread at 200 yards.
2.6 inches at 100 yards.
0.8 inches at 50 yards
0.25 at 25 yards.
Old 02-08-2020, 06:06 PM
Tripplebeards

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plainsman View Post
They will send you a check in due time, but dont expect any news from them. That would open up a huge can of worms on their part. The only way you will find out if there was an issue is if there ends up being a recall on that LOT # of ammo.
Thanks I gave them a call yesterday. I was told they received the ammo a week or two ago and havenít even had a chance to test it yet. Once they do they said they would send me a check for what I paid for the ammo. I never had a receipt so whatever they send me a fine. Itís better off than what I didnít have before. Iím sure itís cheaper to send a check then to send a replacement box of ammo and pay hazmat on top of it.