Some CZ 527 Help - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:55 PM
munroe copper

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

TCups - Hope you & DeadEye Dan don't mind if I copy & paste here, in case any newbies like myself are reading this thread - appreciate all the load data too, but it's still Chinese Algebra to me untill I roll up my sleeves & put my foot down on the whole art of re-loading.

"Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEyeDan
You can hand load them I've seen it done but with the Mauser type action you need to use the magazine. So yes you can and no you shouldn't.

Dan.

Well . . . I learned something I needed to know and did't.

Don't single load a Mauser action from the ejection port! A thoughtful look at the face of the bolt and attention to how the extractor mechanism works to engage the cartridge with the bolt up and back tells you why without anyone having to explain it, although it would never have occurred to me to consider this if I hadn't been told.

Thank you, DeadEye Dan!!

The ejector rotates and locks the case into place with the bolt handle rotated upward. There is no spring beneath the ejector to allow it to spring open to lock onto the head of the cartridge. The ejector is meant only to rotate to allow the cartridge to load beneath the claw of the ejector from below, holding it securely while it is pushed forward into the breech. Rotating the bolt handle downward releases the ejector with the cartridge chambered. After firing, the upward rotation of the bolt again engages the ejector's claw with the cartridge.

While hand loading from an open bolt might seem to work fine, what you don't see is that the head of the cartridge must be physically jammed into a fixed ("closed") ejector and may not seat properly. When the bolt handle is rotated downward, then the cartridge can center on the face of the bolt, but not before. Then, after firing, the ejector properly engages to extraction the spent case. So it looks like everything was fine when you eject the spent case, but it wasn't.

If the bolt handle seems to be hard to close, then it probably isn't that the shoulder of the case needs to be bumped, it is that the head of the cartridge is being physically jammed into a fixed, closed ejector mechanism, possible causing damage to the brass or the ejector or both."

Thanks again,
Munroe
Old 06-01-2012, 04:51 PM
mr.big
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
my 527 Varmint Walnut stocked 9 twist 223 is currently the most accurate gun I own,,

with the 69 Sierra and 25 grs Varget it will hang pretty good on the steel targets to 650-700 yards..

I will say this though,,it took about 100 rounds and 5-6 good cleanings before it calmed down and started shooting,

mine has the DIP 25 taper rail and the 4.5-14 LR/T with M1 knobs,,from a 100 zero it is 10 MOA to 500,16 to 625 and 48 to 1,000 where we shoot steel,

5 shots at 625 in the 4 inch range,

two 5 shot groups at 100

Old 06-01-2012, 05:47 PM
outdoor
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
these posts might help. I am also looking at the 223 527. just need to find the funds for it.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...ighlight=cz527

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=414076

http://www.predatormastersforums.com...Number=1481057

http://www.predatormastersforums.com...Number=1422810

also look to czfirearms.us for more centerfire information. happy shooting thats a sweet looking gun.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:36 PM
Fpjeepy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Looking to get a CZ 527 Varmint 223. Wondering if you had any updates? Is it still shooting poorly with the heavier bullets? Also where did you buy. I'm having trouble finding any that has one in stock
Old 10-07-2019, 08:33 PM
whtsmoke
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to whtsmoke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fpjeepy View Post
Looking to get a CZ 527 Varmint 223. Wondering if you had any updates? Is it still shooting poorly with the heavier bullets? Also where did you buy. I'm having trouble finding any that has one in stock
Go to Grab A Gun they have them in stock right now, just looked.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:45 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
MC sir I do have a few 527s enjoy your new rifle.

Signalman
Old 10-08-2019, 12:51 PM
Rimfire5
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have the same rifle, CZ 527 Varmint in 1:9 twist 24 inch barrel with a Kevlar stock that I bought in 2010. It just recently passed the 7,000 rounds down the barrel milestone.

CZ now sells the Varmint with a 25.6 inch barrel but without the HS Precision stock. My range buddy recently bought a new one but then replaced the stock with the HS Precision stock like mine. It also shoots very accurately.

Mine shoots 52 gr Sierra SMK #1410, 52 gr Berger FB #22408 and 53 Sierra SMK FB #1400 just about the best of all the bullets I have tried. Actually, it shoots just about everything pretty well. Light bullets shoot best with the faster powders - H335, H322, and N133. Heavier bullets, over 60 grains shoot best with powders that shoot well in my 308s - H4895, IMR4064, IMR41566 Enduron, Varget and VV N140. CFE223 shoots just about everything pretty well.

About 2 months ago I decided to try 77 grain Sierra bullets that shot really well in my 1:8 twist barrels even though everyone says that 77 grain bullets won't stabilize in a 1:9 twist barrel. I shot eight 5-round groups with IMR4166 and 77 Sierra TMK #7177 bullets to an average of 0.302. Best group was 0.209 and worst group was 0.366.

I hope your CZ shoots as well as mine.