Back from the factory and working fine GSG 1911 22 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-05-2019, 04:14 AM
AzShooter
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Back from the factory and working fine GSG 1911 22

I received my GSG 1911 22 back from ATI last night and was told that my problems of the hammer dropping to 1/2 cock was solved. The did a find job, cleaned the gun and brought it back to specs.

I fired 200 rounds of CCI Mini Mags today and the only problem was on the first shot the mag fed two rounds, one right out of the gun making the hammer drop on an empty chamber. I thought it was the same old problem but proved to be just one shot out of that first magazine. All others worked fine.

ATI checked everything and even reinstalled the magazine disconnect. I take it off because I hate having to have a magazine in the gun when I want to dry fire, even with snap caps installed.

I sent it back with everything except my sights. I replaced the plastic sights that come with the gun for a set of Dawson adjustable sights and a fiber optic front sight. I didn't want them changing my sights so I took them off. When I got the gun back last night I reinstalled the Dawson's and I did a good job because the first shot was dead center in the dot.

I now have 6 magazines, 5 have been fitted with +2 baseplates and + 4 followers giving me 16 rounds in the magazines. I kept one at 10 rounds for whenever I need to send the gun in for service.

I'm liking this gun. I may do a lot more upgrades simply because I can. But I don't see this replacing my Mark IV 22/45s as my competition guns.
Old 10-05-2019, 11:44 PM
A square 10
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
glad i hear this , i love these 1911-22s , they are just too much fun , but they need to work ,