ISSC SPA .22LR accuracy test - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-19-2019, 06:17 AM
RITON

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Hi, I have an ISSC SPA Tactical (picatiny rail under the fore end) since 2016 and have passed 4000 rounds or so.

I use it to shoot at 50 and 100 meters and 99% of the time with a silencer (it has a, laugh, muzzle break out of the box). I'm using a SAK 22 LR silencer.

I have a cheap bi-pod (wiggles because the thing is so loose...) that was offered as a pack with the rifle + Hawke Vantage scope 3-9x50 (mil dot).

I've tried many ammo in it :
CCI Std, HV
RWS R50 (expensive!!!), Subsonic, Rifle Match, Rifle Match S, Target Rifle
Eley Club (very dirty)
Etc...

My best results are with RWS Rifle Match.
At 50M, not much difference with the cheaper CCI Std but POI is different.
At 100M, difference is notable and CCI Std is spreading POI.

So I zeroed my scope with the RWS Rifle Match and keep the same ammo no matter the distance.

RWS R50 where as good as I could perform. Too expensive for me (casual shooter) to see the difference. Maybe a competitor would appreciate these.
Target Rifle, meeeeh, a little difference.
Subsonic, no use for these (and are more expensive) as my silencer is very effective with the Rifle Match.

At 50M, 6 shots here and all of them are there...

At 100M, 10 shots

Last edited by RITON; 01-25-2019 at 02:42 AM.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:26 PM
rustysdream

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RITON View Post
At 100M, 10 shots
I think that's a very impressive group at 100m.
Great shooting.
Old 01-25-2019, 02:40 AM
RITON

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks!
There are some flyers, but it was a good day!
Some guys at my club shoot at 200 meters with 22 LR.
Needless to say that there must be NO wind and they do some cranking on their scopes. LOL

Last edited by RITON; 01-25-2019 at 02:43 AM.
Old 01-25-2019, 09:11 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Great shooting!

Certainly couldn't expect anything more than that from it.
Old 01-25-2019, 09:39 AM
Steve Newman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Agree with Tom in MO that the rifle is just now beginning to get broken in. Everyone has their own philosophy about how often to clean. With a brand new rifle you are burnishing some of the factory tooling marks/smoothing microscopic sharp or jagged edges in the barrel with each firing. It has been shown that rimfires like to be "seasoned" when changing ammo brands (though debatable on how many rounds that takes). Some rifles show just a little difference, others quite dramatic; depends on the individual firearm. With approx. 600 rounds through your new rifle, I would thoroughly clean the bore and chamber, then fire 15 seasoning rounds to check your zero. Now fire the remaining 35 rounds (from the box of 50) in 5 shot groups. You will be able to see if the overall group size gets smaller, larger, or stays the same. Repeat this same process (including cleaning) with your three most accurate brands of ammo so far. You should see a clear accuracy winner from the results. Also, just in general, the better through upper grades of accuracy oriented/target ammo is usually loaded around 1025-1100fps velocity, just slightly below supersonic range, and is considered overall the most consistent. High velocity is around 1200fps or higher (hyper velocity "stinger or mini mag" much higher). Some rifles shoot high velocity very well within shorter rimfire hunting range, but as the range increases and the bullets fall back through the speed of sound, they become less consistent than standard velocity rounds that start subsonic to begin with. Understand you don't want to shoot expensive match quality ammo due to cost and you are looking for the best compromise in reliability/accuracy/consistency. That's why I recommend shooting the seven, five round groups. A sample of one outstanding group of less than half inch 50 yards doesn't mean much if the other six groups are averaging 2 inches. Good luck and let us know about your future ammo testing. In general CCI SV seems to work very well in a lot of .22 rimfires, so does SK Standard +, Biathalon, Rifle Match, Pistol Match....your particular rifle may or may not like it.
Old 02-17-2019, 05:24 AM
RITON

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi,
I have a question :
I clean my rifle with an Otis kit and their CLP product.

Do you recommend using something for taking lead out from time to time? A shooter told me (he's a competitor) he cleans out lead from his barrel every 1000 rounds.
I can't recall what he was using to do that, just that it was a liquid thing he puts in the barrel (plugging one side) and lets it soak.

I was wondering if my cleaning procedure with the Otis kit/CLP was enough or not?
Old 09-12-2019, 02:30 PM
RITON

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I would like to up my question above if someone could tell.

Bought some Shooter Choice Lead Remover just in case. Was brought back to me by a relative. Can't seem to find these products here...only could find Copper Remover (took the Otis one).
BTW : the sticker and notice on the bottle were polluted by the liquid that seeped through a bit, can't read the thing...
Does anyone know the how to use it thing?

Went to do some shooting lately. I'll post some pictures, this ISSC is a really nice gun even with my standard level shooting capacities.
Old 10-04-2019, 05:03 AM
RITON

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
So I am now at over 4400 cartridges in this ISSC.

Had a look at the silencer. Needed much cleaning! I have already cleaned this thing twice before.
1st time at 1635 rds
2nd at 1396 rds
This time at at 1366 rds (I keep a log on when, what, how much for each firearm).

I should clean it more often (500 rds would be better I think) because it gets so dirty inside and is so hard to get it clean...but I'm lazy I guess.

I don't think it has any influence on my results though.
Before and after pictures. I wonder what that "dirt" carbon build up is : lead or burnt powder???

Some shooting at 50M 10 and 5 shots (these targets are meant for 10M pistol AC shooting...they are small) :

Mrs RITON at 50M on tiny Hunter targets :

50M (upper left side) and 100M (all the other targets), 5 shots in each :

FYI I had to change the magazine at 3507 rds, I was getting stove pipes from time to time. After close examination I realized that the lips were used (plastic...il ) causing the bullets to get just slightly too high than required and hit the upper part of the chamber without being able to slide in it. No more problems with the new one.
Not too expensive but still around 35€ here.