Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-28-2019, 07:26 PM
Hi-NV Shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (35)

I forgot to say if anybody does have a tuner sent to them from Mikey mouse and tests it please post your results. I am sure the RFBR community here would really like to see.
if you can shoot a match with it and even better win that would be great too

oh also the tester needs to be a RFC member that's been here at least 7-years
no new guys, don't want padded results.

Thanks,
Lee
Old 09-29-2019, 01:43 PM
Tad_E

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-NV Shooter View Post

oh also the tester needs to be a RFC member that's been here at least 7-years
no new guys, don't want padded results.

Thanks,
Lee
So it takes being a forum member for 7+ years to give adequate test results? I cannot say I have ever seen a prerequisite like that before...

Tad
Old 09-29-2019, 04:10 PM
Hi-NV Shooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad_E View Post
So it takes being a forum member for 7+ years to give adequate test results? I cannot say I have ever seen a prerequisite like that before...

Tad
Only because, It would be best to have someone who is known here by all. if I am not mistaken you have a brother name Todd? or I am confusion you with someone else.
it has to do with credibility, a member who has been here awhile will have other post and threads.

But you do understand we are talking about a particular tuner and not a Harrell

Lee
Old 09-29-2019, 05:22 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Todd and Tad...They know a thing or two cause they've seen a thing or two.
Old 09-29-2019, 05:43 PM
KyleAllen

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlnbyr View Post
I would say so!

Both are ranked in the ARA Top 25, with Carrie Earhart, not far behind at #29

https://www.americanrimfire.com/index.php/rankings
Old 09-29-2019, 05:50 PM
kseatm
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (50)
Quote:
Kind of the understatement of the year right there John!

Lee, both Tad or Todd not only would (but have kicked) most people's butts who post about rimfire shooting on this forum. As a matter of fact, Carrie would/has too!

The thing is, they are some of the nicest people you'd ever hope to meet.

Here's a hint for anyone who is standing on the sidelines of this free for all...there are certain people who post here that you should pay attention to if they post. Todd or Tad are two that anyone should pay attention to whenever they post anything about BR shooting.

Not about to get into this mess, but will say something that I found funny... all this talk about tuning just goes round and round. Next thing you know, people get upset with one another. But today, was cleaning out a section of my garage and putting away a pile of stuff associated with shooting. Found an ARA target where I was running an experiment on a lame brained idea of mine. Took some Plasti Dip and sprayed my barrel a few times. Not going to go into the why, just had an idea about something. Anyway, found the target with the notes annotated on it...a pretty darn nice 2500! Using a couple of different ammos across several rows of the target. Was it the tuner, nah. Was it the plasti dip? Well, if you want to find out, go buy some and spray to your hearts content

Just trying to say that there are a lot of different ways you can do well with. I've tried Lee's light tuner and had some success. Have tried another tuner that was light, but heavier than Lee's and had some success. Have tried adding weights and had some success. Have used mid barrel tuners and have had some success. Talked to another guy this spring about all of this and it really does come down to what your ammo can do, what your barrel can do, and most importantly what you can do when the pressure is on.

There's so much more I'd like to say, but it would just be noise in this mess. So, for those who don't know who to turn to in trying to figure this out, I'd recommend finding a good barrel and good ammo and tune the darn gun to shoot the best you can. Then work on yourself.

Kenny

Last edited by kseatm; 09-29-2019 at 05:55 PM.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:37 PM
52DH&R12

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Kenny, it was nice of you to take the time away from weeding your flower beds, to offer up your sage advice. Points well taken, There is no magical device that you will ever put on the end of a barrel, that will make it shoot above and beyond your own skill level.

Lee and Mike, get over each other. These threads are for useful information. State your case and leave it at that, your arguing is not useful to anyone.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:58 PM
kseatm
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (50)
George, just because you hate colorful flower arrangements, don't be hating on me! Besides, a landscape without mums just isn't ready for fall IMHO

Seriously though, do you guys ever shoot ARA or PSL at your matches? I've got a pile of IR, ARA and PSL targets that I'll never use again. You want them? Free of charge, because not only do I have a green thumb, I'm a kind and generous soul at heart. Well, actually, my wife told me to clean the garage... I've found piles of stuff pertaining to shooting these past few days. You wouldn't believe how many targets I've saved over the years with notes on them about some really silly experiments I was trying. Who'd have thunk.....

Let me know on the targets. Not sure how many, but have quite a few of all three of the major ones that I just won't shoot anymore. If you guys need any A23/5 targets, I've got a bunch of those too. I don't shoot much at 50 with peeps so am more interested in A17 and A25's if you have any that you might want to trade.

See you soon. May come down in Oct to hang out with Alec. We need to hook up for dinner with everyone.

Kenny

PS, it cracks me up to see you scolding anyone on the internet. You're such a hard%%%%%
Old 09-29-2019, 07:10 PM
Hi-NV Shooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (35)
Quote:
That is what I thought, I have no problem with their credentials.
and If Mikey mouse wants to send them his tuner to try that is fine by me. as my whole point is to see what someone can do with a PDT. as Sam mentioned no one is using one in the major events.
yet out of the blue he comes on this thread and tells me I don't know what I am doing. and I am all talk, what kind of BS is this.

Lee
Old 09-29-2019, 07:13 PM
Hi-NV Shooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52DH&R12 View Post
Kenny, it was nice of you to take the time away from weeding your flower beds, to offer up your sage advice. Points well taken, There is no magical device that you will ever put on the end of a barrel, that will make it shoot above and beyond your own skill level.

Lee and Mike, get over each other. These threads are for useful information. State your case and leave it at that, your arguing is not useful to anyone.
George, please read all of this thread, I not once mention his name until he posted my name. the guy is a troll.

Lee
Old 09-29-2019, 07:24 PM
Hi-NV Shooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kseatm View Post
Kind of the understatement of the year right there John!

Lee, both Tad or Todd not only would (but have kicked) most people's butts who post about rimfire shooting on this forum. As a matter of fact, Carrie would/has too!

The thing is, they are some of the nicest people you'd ever hope to meet.

Here's a hint for anyone who is standing on the sidelines of this free for all...there are certain people who post here that you should pay attention to if they post. Todd or Tad are two that anyone should pay attention to whenever they post anything about BR shooting.

Not about to get into this mess, but will say something that I found funny... all this talk about tuning just goes round and round. Next thing you know, people get upset with one another. But today, was cleaning out a section of my garage and putting away a pile of stuff associated with shooting. Found an ARA target where I was running an experiment on a lame brained idea of mine. Took some Plasti Dip and sprayed my barrel a few times. Not going to go into the why, just had an idea about something. Anyway, found the target with the notes annotated on it...a pretty darn nice 2500! Using a couple of different ammos across several rows of the target. Was it the tuner, nah. Was it the plasti dip? Well, if you want to find out, go buy some and spray to your hearts content

Just trying to say that there are a lot of different ways you can do well with. I've tried Lee's light tuner and had some success. Have tried another tuner that was light, but heavier than Lee's and had some success. Have tried adding weights and had some success. Have used mid barrel tuners and have had some success. Talked to another guy this spring about all of this and it really does come down to what your ammo can do, what your barrel can do, and most importantly what you can do when the pressure is on.

There's so much more I'd like to say, but it would just be noise in this mess. So, for those who don't know who to turn to in trying to figure this out, I'd recommend finding a good barrel and good ammo and tune the darn gun to shoot the best you can. Then work on yourself.

Kenny
Kenny, I hope no one thought I was challenging Tad's credentials. I just wanted to verify who he was. and it was verified.
and yes as I explained to you, I don't think I found the answer only that I think I found something that works better for me. and I send some tuners to people to see if it would help them too.

But to have Mike come here and get on my case for what I never even mentioned his name, what hell is that all about.

anyway, I am not going to stand by and be called out especially when the comparison being used is for CF, which I believe as most they are two different worlds.

Lee
Old 09-29-2019, 08:09 PM
doclu60
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (26)
Lee and Mike,
I really am going against my pledge to myself by posting here, but so be it.

The last page of this post has me chiming in. I have several hours on the phone with Mike back when I purchased one of his tuners, my first tuner. I am also very familiar with Lee via emails, purchases, and other peoples opinions who he has done work for in relation to rifles shot in sanctioned RFBR.

I no longer have my Ezell tuner, which was purchased before I started shooting sanctioned, and I have never shot one Lee's low weight tuners. I do personally know the mod here that did try one of Lee's tuners and I also know that Kenny, who has posted here, had one too.

There, as mentioned by people who have posted here that do have considerable credentials in RFBR, is no specific magic of what is best and certain when it comes to winning or placing high in a RFBR match. Sure, good ammo, good rifle, and the skill to make those items work against someone with the same on any given day, that's a given. How he or she gets there could be.....and most likely IS, very different from how someone else get's there.

Give it a rest is my advise to both of you. There is no winner in this argument. No one is going to win a new Corvette. No one is going to sway the opinion of someone that is deeply involved in the game. There are so many ways to skin a cat in this that the bickering is rather moot. I respect both of you for what you have both done. The fact is, you skin your cats differently........leave it at that.

Just my perspective on the whole thing.
Old 09-29-2019, 08:27 PM
Hi-NV Shooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doclu60 View Post
Lee and Mike,
I really am going against my pledge to myself by posting here, but so be it.

The last page of this post has me chiming in. I have several hours on the phone with Mike back when I purchased one of his tuners, my first tuner. I am also very familiar with Lee via emails, purchases, and other peoples opinions who he has done work for in relation to rifles shot in sanctioned RFBR.

I no longer have my Ezell tuner, which was purchased before I started shooting sanctioned, and I have never shot one Lee's low weight tuners. I do personally know the mod here that did try one of Lee's tuners and I also know that Kenny, who has posted here, had one too.

There, as mentioned by people who have posted here that do have considerable credentials in RFBR, is no specific magic of what is best and certain when it comes to winning or placing high in a RFBR match. Sure, good ammo, good rifle, and the skill to make those items work against someone with the same on any given day, that's a given. How he or she gets there could be.....and most likely IS, very different from how someone else get's there.

Give it a rest is my advise to both of you. There is no winner in this argument. No one is going to win a new Corvette. No one is going to sway the opinion of someone that is deeply involved in the game. There are so many ways to skin a cat in this that the bickering is rather moot. I respect both of you for what you have both done. The fact is, you skin your cats differently........leave it at that.

Just my perspective on the whole thing.
Hey Scott,
Point well taken, I am done here. I won't be there next if you were going to shoot.
I have family coming to visit. I thought for sure we would finally meet and shoot together. given the choice to spend some time with my mom who turned 96, I guess you can understand, why I am not going to be there.

12 cards over 2 days, that would have been great.
anyway Good Luck if you are going to shoot, Albert H. will be there, great guy and very good shooter too.

Lee
Old 09-29-2019, 09:03 PM
doclu60
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (26)
Hello Lee,
You visiting with family, especially your mom at her age, well that's worth more than any other thing I could think of. I hope you both have a very good visit.

I would not have made it out there any way. I will be in Michigan that weekend shooting two tournaments. Could be my last two matches of the outdoor season. I have committed to a farmer friend of mine to help with harvest. He needs help and I won't schedule anything else ahead of time in October. I already committed to one match director to attend his match, which had an entry number cap.

I am glad you are calling a truce to the issue at hand here. You both have bigger fish to fry than what has been going on here between you two.

I will give you an email when I travel out west again. Nothing says I can't hit Vegas going out or coming back and hit a match at your club. I know they are not sanctioned, but I could care less. I don't need a points paying reason to run some money down the barrel of a rifle!!

Later my friend.......Scott

P.S. Interesting that Albert will be there. We exchanged some emails and it would have been nice to meet him. Next year?....

Last edited by doclu60; 09-29-2019 at 09:06 PM.