Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-07-2019, 09:45 PM
athappyhiker
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Picked up Excellent condition H&R 999!!! Pics

Went to a gun show today, sold a Savage 24 o/u 22/410 that was in nice shape but I rarely ever touched, and used the sale $$ to buy this beauty; a H&R 999 nine shot 22 LR top break revolver. It is in excellent condition with only two very minor bluing mars that I can find. Wood grips are in like new shape, bore is shiny clean with strong rifling, and the action seems to work as it should. I'd seen these before and am a sucker for older blued steel & wood guns, and these 999's just seem so cool; remind me of the Webley top break revolvers. Can't wait to try it out at the range tomorrow morning.

Old 06-08-2019, 11:31 AM
athappyhiker

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
By the serial # prefixes the one I bought is 1969 manufacture date. Has the hammer mounted firing pin; not the transfer bar setup of the 1980s models. Took it to the range today and ran about 100 rounds though it in both DA and SA. Fun gun! The DA trigger is heavy, but no fail to fire/light strikes. THe SA pull is crisp and light. THe sights seem to be pretty on to POA, but as I read lots online, the rear sight screws do come loose very quickly and you have to have a small eyeglass screwdriver flathead to tighten them up. THinking blue locktite may not be a bad idea. But the gun holds steady with that long heavy barrel. Only thing I notice which is a minor annoyance is that the frame cut where the trigger comes through the bottom of the frame has really sharp edges that my trigger finger rubs against.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:59 PM
A square 10

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
i think you did well , i love mine , they grow on you ,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2019, 08:48 PM
outdoorman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice gun ( although photo isn't clear enough to see details).
I obtained mine earlier this year and they are among my favorite to shoot as well as just to look at.
Enjoy.
Old 07-21-2019, 09:35 PM
22banger

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A little trick

Put a little oil on the threads of the sight screw and the threads in the frame, wipe off the excess, then blue loctite it. Been doing this for years, never had a screw come loose, but they always come out. Nice gun !!!
Old 09-27-2019, 05:22 PM
NHcollector2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Very nice! I put one on layaway today, seems about the same condition as yours. I've seen them around for years and found a nice one this week at a local shop at a good price. They put me in mind of a smaller S&W Schofield, but with the double action option. I'll pick it up after the first of the month, it was a very busy and expensive month at the gun shop. Mine is also the firing pin in the hammer type, always good.