Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-20-2019, 11:05 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 917M2Sfan View Post
Cabela's has been going downhill ever since BPS bought them. Before much longer you won't be able to tell one from the other. The only difference between them seems to be that Cabela's sells used firearms and BPS only sells new firearms.
Lately ,things have gotten way better. It seems that the Bass Pro managent model produced such dismal results at the Cabellas , that they have hired a new consulting company, and they have gone back to the Cabellas model. Still have trigger locks, but will take them off, more guns in the store, more staff at the counter.

But like like I said , they did move in the vacation scam desk

Getting back to the topic. Buying a sale gun as a donor gun for a build. Yeah you can do it, and sell the take off parts on eBay and maybe net $80 to $100 for the barrel stock and trigger bolt and charging handle. . So you paid $100 to $120 for a receiver. When you can buy them for $70 plus the ffl fee. So about the same but a lot more work on your part. Now if you can buy a DSP or a Rifle , with an unbranded stock , you can use that stock for your build . That saves you a few bucks. But there are so many stocks like that on eBay , or better stocks at reasonable prices , that isnít that important

Now sometimes you have to do what you have to do, I ran across a nib stainless barrel black receiver at the lgs for $150 , I bought it and it turned from this into this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EF62A61F-C280-49D1-B693-6475F690A239.jpg (442.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 5D7E7F11-C1BE-4A81-B0EC-1517120E34D1.jpg (511.8 KB, 8 views)
Old 09-21-2019, 10:49 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
To continue the saga of the new rifle I purchased, I was told at Bass Pro that I could not remove the trigger lock in the store. There was a "key" taped inside the box and the box was securely taped shut for me to exit the store.

No big deal as I am very familiar with how 10/22 triggers work. But when I got home, I did a quick function test by cocking the hammer with the bolt, checking the safety function, and then dry firing one time. I then recocked the hammer by cycling the bolt, put the safety back on, and took down the rifle to give it a more thorough inspection and cleaning. I simply set the trigger assembly group aside to remove the bolt and recoil spring/charging handle frin the receiver to clean the barrel and chamber.

I reinstalled the charging handle and bolt and installed a synthetic bolt buffer, put the trigger assembly back in the receiver, and the barreled action back in the stock. When I went to function check the rifle again, I found that the trigger had not reset.

I have taken the trigger assembly back out and I find that to get the trigger to reset, I have to hold back a bit on the cocked hammer and manually push the trigger back forward whereupon there is a click, I suspect from the disconnector releasing the sear. I did not discover this until Ruger customer service was closed for the weekend so I will be giving them a call on Monday AM. I am hopeful that they will allow me to simply return the unfired trigger assembly group back rather than having to ship the entire rifle back.

This is rather annoying because if I had been allowed to remove the trigger lock and function check the rifle in the store before paying for it, I likely would have detected this problem.

Has anyone experienced this issue with a new, unfired trigger group?
Old 09-21-2019, 02:08 PM
jdesro
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the heads up - this place just made me spend some money!