Nikon P-Tactical Spur Reflex - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-18-2019, 04:12 PM
aye_dre

Join Date: 
Sep 2019
Posts: 
4
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nikon P-Tactical Spur Reflex



Log in to see fewer ads
Just purchased a Takedown model. Would this Nikon be a good choice? Plan to use the magpul backpacker mount as well. It is on sale for $120

If anyone has personal experience with this red dot, please share your thoughts. Thanks!
https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.c...with-3-moa-dot
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-18-2019, 04:52 PM
Nick7274's Avatar
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Join Date: 
Dec 2016
Location: 
Central Ma.
Posts: 
3,074
TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
I personally would look for something with a smaller dot. But that is just me. I like my dots 1moa or less. I didn't even know that Nikon made a red dot. Alot of people on here use Vortex and Burris red dots. They are a little bit more $ but you usually get what you pay for. Holosun makes some excellent RD's also.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-19-2019, 08:32 AM
linux_author
US Coast Guard Veteran

Join Date: 
Oct 2018
Location: 
Gulf of Mexico
Posts: 
84
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
not a bad price on the Nikon... these red dots are nearly all the same... some offer multiple recticules, multiple colors...

i've been using a low-profile micro Truglo on my Ruger MkIII's Pac-Lite barrel, and it holds zero after repeated removal/re-attachments...

on one of my Charger TDs i went with Bushnell's cheap red dot... works great... another has a UTG 3.8" ITA, which features fore-and-aft flip up lens covers, different color dots, etc. - it is rugged enough and can get wet without crapping out...

you don't say what is your TD's intended use? plinking, target, camping, hiking?

red dots are nice but remember, unless you get a solar-assisted model you can run the battery out and need to carry a spare if you're out in the woods...

for my 10/22 TD w/backpacker stock, i put on a Simmons scope - inexpensive, works well, better for shooting longer distances than a red dot... more rugged, and if i drop it or knock it against a tree i'm out what? $40?

my holy grail is a sub-$200 red dot w/built-in magnification... those are still *way* too expensive for this old cheap codger

just my $0.02

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 09-19-2019, 10:01 AM
prairieviper
US Marines Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Oct 2016
Location: 
Central USA - Cornfields & Cows
Posts: 
216
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
It seems like a good deal. I have a Vortex Venom and a Bushnell TRS-25 and like them both. If I were in the market for a red dot, I would definitely consider the Nikon at that price.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-19-2019, 04:00 PM
aye_dre

Join Date: 
Sep 2019
Posts: 
4
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
I personally would look for something with a smaller dot. But that is just me. I like my dots 1moa or less. I didn't even know that Nikon made a red dot. Alot of people on here use Vortex and Burris red dots. They are a little bit more $ but you usually get what you pay for. Holosun makes some excellent RD's also.
I did not realize Nikon made red dots either. I do like Holosun as well because I have one on my AR pistol. But I do like the slim profile of this red dot and the price is lower than the brands you mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linux_author View Post
not a bad price on the Nikon... these red dots are nearly all the same... some offer multiple recticules, multiple colors...

i've been using a low-profile micro Truglo on my Ruger MkIII's Pac-Lite barrel, and it holds zero after repeated removal/re-attachments...

on one of my Charger TDs i went with Bushnell's cheap red dot... works great... another has a UTG 3.8" ITA, which features fore-and-aft flip up lens covers, different color dots, etc. - it is rugged enough and can get wet without crapping out...

you don't say what is your TD's intended use? plinking, target, camping, hiking?

red dots are nice but remember, unless you get a solar-assisted model you can run the battery out and need to carry a spare if you're out in the woods...

for my 10/22 TD w/backpacker stock, i put on a Simmons scope - inexpensive, works well, better for shooting longer distances than a red dot... more rugged, and if i drop it or knock it against a tree i'm out what? $40?

my holy grail is a sub-$200 red dot w/built-in magnification... those are still *way* too expensive for this old cheap codger

just my $0.02

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico
The purpose of my TD is primarily plinking and taking it outdoors when I can. I'm looking for a red dot over a scope because I like the compactness RDS provide. I've heard great things about Simmons, but I'm willing to spend a bit more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieviper View Post
It seems like a good deal. I have a Vortex Venom and a Bushnell TRS-25 and like them both. If I were in the market for a red dot, I would definitely consider the Nikon at that price.
I agree, the price point is what made me consider this as an option. Nikon is obviously known for scopes, but never heard much about them in regards to their red dots.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nikon P Tactical Rimfire on my 10/22 Ruger pupa Anything 10/22 3 02-09-2019 05:48 PM
SAvage 17HMR & Nikon P223 Tactical 3x9 40 mm varmit hunter67 .17HMR 7 08-20-2018 10:29 AM
Nikon P-Tactical Spur RCrosby257 Scopes, Sights, Rings & Mounts, and Other Optics 0 06-23-2018 10:29 AM
Spikes Tactical Dedicated .22 LR AR15 Upper Lessons Learned AFJRTCOC AR-15 22LR Uppers & Conversions 7 02-07-2018 09:41 PM
Nikon monarch first impressions chuckkilla Scopes, Sights, Rings & Mounts, and Other Optics 0 05-19-2005 10:48 PM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52 AM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x