Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-11-2019, 11:07 AM
Rifleman55

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
trigger

Who makes the best hammer sear replacement parts, Power Custom or one of the others, I have an older rifle made in the 80s I do not want to spend a lot of money for a complete after market unit, I can do the work so I do not have to pay a gunsmith. I bought a used sporter a few days ago and a hack had done a trigger job on it, it looks like they used a buffing wheel on it.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:28 AM
Chaser
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Power Custom Hammer and ADJUSTABLE Sear was the go-to many years back and I dropped in many of them.. over a dozen and at the time I felt there was no better on the market.. they were and still are pretty decent... and a decent price/value. If you go this route use the OEM Springs if they have not been trimmed.
I give the PC 1 thumb up

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1004700634

-----------
Now, If you want the best there is on the market it will cost you almost double.. but it is TOP-Shelf...much better feel/crisp/smooth and a tad lighter pull wt. = KIDD Tr. Kit ... and you get a better than OEM Trigger blade. There is a dis-claimer stating it's possible that it may not work in older Cast Alum. TG's.. If you have one. But, I have installed the Kit in apprx. 6 ol school TG's so far and all were 100% functional/perfect. If you have the newer Tupperware TG there is absolutely no worries.

https://www.coolguyguns.com/KIDD-Tri...lade_p_95.html
Old 09-11-2019, 11:58 AM
RCP Phx

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
Power Custom Hammer and ADJUSTABLE Sear was the go-to many years back and I dropped in many of them.. over a dozen and at the time I felt there was no better on the market.. they were and still are pretty decent... and a decent price/value. If you go this route use the OEM Springs if they have not been trimmed.
I give the PC 1 thumb up
That's all I use in my builds unless otherwise spec'd out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2019, 12:39 PM
gcrank1

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Ive been happy enough with my JWH Hammer Kit, wasnt expensive, dropped in easily (used the hammer, still havent tried the springs included), iirc trigger pull is 3.25 no more than 3.5# now and crisp and constant enough for general use. Im used to the required 3+ pull on older smallbore type rifles anyway.
Next time I am motivated to get into the works I should the torsion spring mod.
Old 09-11-2019, 03:23 PM
crackedcornish
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
drop a BX trigger assembly in it and be done
https://grabagun.com/ruger-25.html
Old 09-11-2019, 03:39 PM
Rifleman55

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrank1 View Post
Ive been happy enough with my JWH Hammer Kit, wasnt expensive, dropped in easily (used the hammer, still havent tried the springs included), iirc trigger pull is 3.25 no more than 3.5# now and crisp and constant enough for general use. Im used to the required 3+ pull on older smallbore type rifles anyway.
Next time I am motivated to get into the works I should the torsion spring mod.
The sear has been modified it is very round where it needs to be square, I will likely go the Power custom route.