Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-23-2019, 10:26 AM
PAndy

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Stiff synthetic stock

Any input on a stiff synthetic sporter stock appreciated. I would like to shoot it with a tight sling in sporter competition. Thinking about hogue hard nylon or Ruger modular stocks. If forends flex quite a bit, then I'll go with laminated wood. If you have experience, thanks for some input.
Old 08-23-2019, 10:40 AM
mpolk
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Magpul X-22 stock. Very stiff and tight. Excellent stock. It does not come with the high comb. That is an option.
10_22Kidd.JPG
Old 08-23-2019, 12:01 PM
crackedcornish
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
go with a good laminate over the plastic stocks mentioned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2019, 12:14 PM
mpolk
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedcornish View Post
go with a good laminate over the plastic stocks mentioned
I have both and I prefer the X-22, myself. I have two of them and I am a walnut stock guy. If I had the choice of a pretty walnut stock, then that is were I'd go. The X-22 is stiff and very adjustable. JMHO

All Kidd in walnut
kidd.jpg
Old 08-23-2019, 04:59 PM
timlt

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
The Bell and Carlson stock offerings are actually a very nice stock, and more on the rigid side. Slightly more spendy but not crazy.

BTW, I know you said sporter, but I have a barely used Bell and Carlson "Target" style synthetic--this one, in the Black and gray web color--that will be going up for sale shortly.
Old 08-25-2019, 12:25 PM
Michael Victor
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAndy View Post
Any input on a stiff synthetic sporter stock appreciated. I would like to shoot it with a tight sling in sporter competition. Thinking about hogue hard nylon or Ruger modular stocks. If forends flex quite a bit, then I'll go with laminated wood. If you have experience, thanks for some input.
I'd put money that the Titan stock is stiffer than any out there...

TITAN 1022 Upgrade now!

Last edited by Michael Victor; 08-25-2019 at 12:29 PM.
Old 08-25-2019, 06:15 PM
crackedcornish

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Victor View Post
I'd put money that the Titan stock is stiffer than any out there...

yes, I would say that too. but I wouldn't really call it a sporter type stock...which is what the OP is interested in
Old 08-29-2019, 06:58 AM
PAndy

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Agreed, that Titan stock seems excellent, but not quite what I need. I may wind up going with wood.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:26 PM
660grizzlyguy

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
stock

I have had flex trouble with some of the plastic stocks also, The cure is, I've been using the Boyds Tacticool laminated stock for CMP sporter with a Green Mountain heavt taper barrel and modded 3# trigger. It's a hammer. No stock flex with a tight sling. The laminate is birch, I think, so it's not to heavy. I had to wrap the barrel with a few layers of tape and add bedding material the length of the forend to get the gap minimized. Very nice for position shooting, and I'm going to try it for NRL22 as well. The only synthetic stock,that I know of, that would fit your needs would be the Titan/Victor I think I'm going to try one on a .920 barrel build.

Last edited by 660grizzlyguy; 09-05-2019 at 09:30 PM. Reason: more info
Old 09-06-2019, 03:19 AM
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAndy View Post
Here's a very nice laminated stock.. Revolution Explorer Laminated Wood 10/22 Bull Barrel Stock, Brown

It's basically the same style / design that Ruger used on the factory target rifle up until recently - see below.

He has several other color combo's to choose from. Very comfortable stock, I used have a Ruger Target rifle.
Attached Images
File Type: png rug1121.png (465.5 KB, 10 views)