Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-30-2019, 03:54 PM
midwest swiss
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

This is a very interesting thread.
Yes too all of the above, I am one of those guy with a deep thinking brain and
shooting .22 rf @ precision target's can drive a guy nuts.
I am not a big time group shooter more of a USBR type of shooter.
Like Aug. fun match shoot here on RFC @ 25 yards have to put 2 shots in the white.
Only 25 yards and the Aug. class 2 was a tuff target and would love to see more shooters here on RFC give it a try.
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...3#post11591303

Like I have been a member of this range for about 25 years and is 30 miles from my house.
Your targets are set up so your are shooting south, 20' berms and trees.
Wind in summer SE or SW most of the time & in spring wind from NE most
of the time, many ups & downs shooting here.

Then for the last 10 years I have been shooting @ my sisters farm also once a month 90 miles from my house.
Target is set up to shoot strait west.

More ups then downs shooting @ the barn yard shooting ???

Also found that helped me have more up's then downs is for the last 10 years I only bring 2 rifles too the range instead of 4 or 5.
Like 7 years ago I was shooting my Russian built TOZ 78-01 as my main go too target rifle for 3 years and was shooting some amazing targets.
Now for the last 4 years my CZ 452 Varmint has been my go too rifle and has shot some of my best targets in my life @ 25 and 50Y.
Have 8 .22 rifles and in my mind these two rifles are not my most accurate I have, conclusion...is if I stick with one rifle I learned how they
like there trigger pulled & held on the shooting rests.
Like last range shooting I took 5 rifles, shot them all and just shot ok....where is my CZ Var. darn I didn't bring it.
I only shoot ammo under 10 bucks a box of 50 and none of it shoots great all year around here in MN.

Swiss

Last edited by midwest swiss; 08-30-2019 at 05:15 PM.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:54 PM
timberbeast
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (39)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Pfffft! I can do a lot worse than that Flangster.
I'm right with you, Al!

We have good days and bad days shooting...not every day can be our best. But Flangster, that's shooting results that would still bring a smile to my face because I had fun and was outside actually DOING something REAL.

Too may "keyboard warriors" and not enough "mediocre riflemen" around these days.

I'd be proud to have you outshoot me...which you probably would on most days.
Old 09-11-2019, 08:39 AM
dotchief
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
My

belief is twofold. One, the environmental conditions, and two, the shooters' mental condition.

I draw these conclusions from my own experience. Recently, I had tried a new loading for my 22 BR. The recipe seemed really good. My confidence in the recipe translated to a very good outcome. That day, the weather could not have been more perfect for this new load. All I could think about was this day and this load.

Forward in time, same load recipe, only different mental attitude. I was thinking of a friend's health issues. The weather this day was not as good as the first time.

So, for me guys/gals, this is how my range days go.

Pat G