Sig 1911-22 Red Dot Mounting - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-19-2019, 10:57 AM
2Barrels
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sig 1911-22 Red Dot Mounting

First off, I have a couple of 1911s that I have C-More Sliderides mounted to using the Allchin skeletonized C-More mount. I like the setup.

That said, what are your thoughts on using the same mount on the Sig 1911-22? My concern is the alloy make-up of the frame. I've heard it suggested that the frame is a zinc-alloy, and I'm not sure how well it would hold up to drilling and tapping 5 holes.
Old 04-19-2019, 03:36 PM
1911luvr
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I would just replace the slide with one from CWA that is designed for the GSG and has an optic cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2019, 09:05 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I habe the setup 1911luvr is talking about. I see you're in SE WI too. If you want to take a look at it send me a PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2019, 05:00 PM
2Barrels

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911luvr View Post
I would just replace the slide with one from CWA that is designed for the GSG and has an optic cut.
OK. Enlighten me or should I say 'un-confuse' me. I looked at the CWA slides. The ExoSkeleton slide is no longer going to be made as I understand it. That said, the XO-Pro is potentially the next option. My confusion lies in that it's hard to understand from the XO-Pro narrative as to weather it comes with the bolt or if one uses the exisiting bolt.

"In the past our slides were designed to accept the factory GSG/SIG bolt. Over the past year we have developed our own bolt, firing pin and extractor from the ground up. This is a HUGE improvement over the GSG design. If you donít have reliable ignition, feeding and extraction you donít have anything.

This new bolt is designed using industries best material and offers several improvements. First thing you notice is that It no longer uses the cross slide retaining pin which always comes out and can cause marring on the slide during installation and cleaning. The new bolt is retained with hidden screws from the bottom which makes for easy disassembly for cleaning. It is CNC machined from a hardened 4140 material giving us the ability to hold extremely tight tolerances unlike the cast bolt from GSG. It has a Black Nitride Coating to make it even more durable and easy to clean. It incorporates our newly designed extractor that is cut from A2 tool steel with wire EDM for exact tolerances and then heat treated which allows for more positive case extraction. . . . . . . "

Definitely reads that a new bolt has been designed. No mention as to it's inclusion with the slide, and nowhere else on the site is the new bolt advertised separately.

Like I said, I'm confused. (FWIW, that's not that hard to do)
Old 04-23-2019, 06:05 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The bolt is included.
Give Chet a call. He is a great guy to talk to.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:39 PM
gcrank1

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
My understanding is the frame is 'zamak' and the slide alum.
My first thought is that the slide weight/mass/recoil impulse is likely to be adversely affected by a mounted optic. Some of these GSG 1911-22s seem to balk at just using SV rather than HV, the recoil spring weight being somewhat touchy? Throw an optic on and......

Last edited by gcrank1; 08-21-2019 at 02:51 PM.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:46 AM
2Barrels

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Is there a limitation on what red dots can be mounted on the XO-Pro series slide, or will it accommodate a variety?
Old 08-27-2019, 10:12 PM
A square 10
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
SIG Romeo 1 comes with the adapters - one fits the 1911