Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-17-2019, 12:34 PM
Paratrooper54

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
VOSTOK URAL Scope Mount

Hi guys I just picked up a like new VOSTOK URAL bolt action rifle. I think its a late model (not sure which one) but the SN is M-950. It is complete with match/target sights with the two position (upper and lower) rear sight with the large aperture. The rifle is unaltered and has about 99% of the original black finish with original Russian varnish. I wanted to install a scope mount on the rifle as my eyes are getting a little too old for the iron sights. I looked at the pics of some other rifle posted on here and some have a grooved receiver for typical mounts. Unfortunately my rifle does not have a grooved receiver. However it does have a set of long scope grooves machined into the rear end of the barrel just in front of the shoulder. They measure about 5 1/2 inches long and I was wondering if anyone knows what type of scope mount or rings were used on these rifles? I assume the mount would be some kind of a cantilever mount that would just extend back over the receiver. regards
Old 07-21-2019, 02:35 AM
doubs43
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
If I understand your statement, your URAL has dovetails in the top of the barrel in front of the receiver.

The dovetails are not for mounting a scope but are most likely for an open rear sight. It could be moved along the grooves to give the shooter their best sight picture.

The URAL-2 rifles have dovetails in the top of the receiver for scope mounting as in the picture below.

Old 08-26-2019, 08:49 AM
chuckbiscuits

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
Paratrooper,
I, for one, would love to see pictures of your Ural. Here’s my Ural-1: