Resellers that publish available Eley Tenex lot numbers? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-12-2019, 07:38 PM
ELR_Researcher
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52DH&R12 View Post
Your best bet is to get test lots of several lots that appeal to you, then base your buying decision on the results of the test lots. Nothing like buying a brick of 17.00 a box ammo that shoots like 6.00 a box ammo. There are many good lots available from Zanders, that were overlooked when they first came out. When new lots come in, there is a buying frenzy for awhile, lot of shooters get test lots before the inventory is listed, this is not a insiders thing, you can get on the list as well. If there is any extremely good lots, they sell out fast. I usually wait, then test 2 boxes of each lot that appeals to me and that have plenty of inventory. If none of those test well, order 5 more. When you find the lot that works well, buy a few bricks, but keep testing, buying ammo is a never ending chore.
52DH - that is great scoop (for the new guy - me). Thank you! I have two bricks of GECO Match in hand and one brick of Texex on order from KSS (order placed 8/8 with no tracking as yet - so hoping it is there on the shelf when they go to pull my order) . That will need to suffice to get me thru my initial orientation. I have no expectations for myself other than improving my skills over time and taking it from there. BTW, for lack of any better available data, I will use the results from the Eley analyzer to flip my coin for future orders - assuming I get to that point. Way too early in this process. Thanks again and God bless!
Old 08-12-2019, 07:58 PM
Turbosam
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I did check you need to go back and look at the dates of the ammo they are different lots . There is a numerical code 1019 is a code for tenex and 2019, 1018 is still tenex but 2018 ammo anything that has 10 in front is designated as tenex or was supposed to be if its match. 11 in front is designated for match such as 1119 . Then you get into machines wich is designated like 1019- 03122 first number is the machine it was made on. There is a lot to chasing ammo do some research and listen to people willing to help you.
Old 08-14-2019, 02:36 PM
ELR_Researcher

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbosam View Post
I did check you need to go back and look at the dates of the ammo they are different lots . There is a numerical code 1019 is a code for tenex and 2019, 1018 is still tenex but 2018 ammo anything that has 10 in front is designated as tenex or was supposed to be if its match. 11 in front is designated for match such as 1119 . Then you get into machines wich is designated like 1019- 03122 first number is the machine it was made on. There is a lot to chasing ammo do some research and listen to people willing to help you.
Please look again, those 3 lots (all 1019) are IDENTICAL on the two different lot lists. See the attachment. The zero in between the two number sequences is ignored - not a different lot number.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RFC Post 08142019.jpg (370.3 KB, 12 views)
Old 08-14-2019, 04:55 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
So which list is for ammo that isn't stock from Zanders warehouse?
Old 08-14-2019, 07:17 PM
ELR_Researcher

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlnbyr View Post
So which list is for ammo that isn't stock from Zanders warehouse?
The one on the KSS site that says TX warehouse.
Old 08-14-2019, 10:02 PM
Turbosam

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This is zanders lots killough does not have these in red box. Kss only had 3 new lots of tenex and these are not them. Dont know what you're trying to argue here. They dont carry the same lots once again they get separate inventory.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:46 PM
Quest

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What???

What is the debate here, people? KSS St. Louis warehouse and Zander’s are the same inventory. KSS Texas is what Killough has at his own site.

The other point well taken is you should get small quantities, like 2 boxes, evaluate that amount before you go buying bricks of the stuff.

I’m curious how everyone picks which lots to evaluate? I have my methods. But what amazes me is that you just can’t go by my Eley dot com in terms of any one or two factors.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:38 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
They are not the same inventory. Eley at KSS in Texas can only be bought through KSS. To buy Eley at Zanders you can go through KSS or any other dealer selling Eley. The lots in stock at these two locations are separate and not the same.
Old 08-20-2019, 09:01 PM
Quest

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Apples, oranges, or what?

Okay, maybe I wasnít clear or quite possibly I missed something and you will enlighten me. I will reword my thesis.

KSS lists Eley Tenex at their ďTexas WarehouseĒ. At that location they list various lot numbers. They also list a ďSt. Louis WarehouseĒ where they have other and different lots of Eley Tenex. Iím NOT saying that the same lot can be found at these two places.

There is a company in St. Louis called Zanderís. The lot listings for the St Louis Warehouse mentioned and listed in detail at KSS are in fact the Zanderís inventory. Or am I wrong? Does Zanderís have additional product that they donít let Dan Killough list?

I do notice that the price from Zanderís is quite a bit higher than if I buy thru KSS.

If I have this wrong, please explain it to me. But I just bought three bricks from one lot from KSS today which will ship from Zanderís. And Iíve been doing this for quite some time.

And again, Iím Curious about the criteria many of you use to choose your lots of Tenex to evaluate? Is is velocity? Average overall group? Average group in one of the four specific barrels tested?