George(noremf) Keeps on Giving - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-31-2019, 09:45 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)

Rattle can Lacquer is good stuff when used correctly, George and I discussed it several times, those of you who never got to talk with him don't know what you're missing and his generosity was extraordinary. I keep my last PM from him on here, and I've got many of his Emails achieved. Quite a gentleman.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:17 AM
Old Schoolr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
Rattle can Lacquer is good stuff when used correctly, George and I discussed it several times, those of you who never got to talk with him don't know what you're missing and his generosity was extraordinary. I keep my last PM from him on here, and I've got many of his Emails achieved. Quite a gentleman.
I haven't been on on RFC as much the last year or so & was really upset to read that George passed. I echo what Gerald wrote & add that there is no way to exaggerate what a really great guy George was & how much he brought to this site. Someone else posted "Its hard to put into words how one can like a guy so much that you've never met in person but George was that kind of guy". George gave me advice on a yet to be realized forearm repair project & asked for my address to send me some hide glue flakes to use. Sure enough a package arrived a few days later with some glue & a note from George. He wanted to not only help me, he wanted to make sure I will leave the gun fixed correctly so that a future owner can appreciate that it was done right.
This forum is different than so many others because of the tone set by George & so many others like him.
Thank you George, you are missed.
Old 08-07-2019, 07:09 PM
cznut

TPC Rating: 
100% (103)
I just learned of this a few days ago, George sure helped me every time I asked about stock finishing, repair,etc, we all were lucky yo have him as a member here and everything he suggested that I tried worked perfectly to.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:44 PM
DavoM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A true gentleman and extremely knowledgable. A couple of years ago (I was new to RC) I had an issue with the finish peeling of my Anschutz in sheets. Posted on RC and George was the person who helped me sort the problem. Very generous with his time not only with posts but pms as well. One of the good people.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:04 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
And George, with tongue firmly in cheek, was generous with pictures for us Marines less fluent in English literacy. We miss him dearly.
Old 08-17-2019, 05:49 PM
aqbill

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Great man, our noremf! But please do not post anything about &=/$#% Tru-Oil on this thread as he (George) absolutely hated that stuff! A font of wisdom to be sure but sometimes - like all of us - he did not suffer fools gently.
Old 08-18-2019, 09:57 PM
Oldblades
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (18)
Thinking today that I think George really shined when this forum hit a lull (as now) that I really miss.

If he wasnt tied up with numero uno priority, shooting with the grandkids, you can bet there would be a 2000 word post by now on .....how to/dont do/dont even think of it...... something or other.
As always there would be stuff inserted that only a scientist would truly understand to give everyone a few 'huh??s' to chew on for a while.

At times, I honestly had to go back and read the stuff I could understand because I was too overwhelmed by the rest.

Thought I would try and throw him for a loop and started a email conversation a few years ago. Sent him this link after trying to understand what the heck these guys were talking about. Didnt have a clue.
https://www.cs.cornell.edu/~srm/publ.../SG05-wood.pdf

As you can imagine I got about a billion word email back, dummied down. Couple days later a subsequent RFC post appears specifically regarding the topic of reflection and refraction. Absolutely blew me away in both knowledge and the drive to share here.

And of course, as Al stated, lotsa pictures for Marines to try to keep our attention along with a bit of trivia.