Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:37 PM
Onearm
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
LH Precision LLC Back in Business Soon

Earlier today I spoke with another RFC member who said Larry was restarting his business (LH Precision LLC) after having taken some time off.

I just called and spoke with Larry. He confirmed that he will be bringing his website up to date soon. He gave no specific date. Non-the-less, I am pleased to be able to report this.

Larry and I discussed the issues I have experienced with my rifle and agreed that I will send it back to him immediately to allow him to sort it all out, so that I can finally be totally satisfied with what I have. As a result, I have taken the rifle off the market.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:51 PM
SwampF0X

TPC Rating: 
100% (49)
What kind of problems were you having?

swampf0x
Old 02-04-2011, 09:22 PM
Onearm

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampF0X View Post
What kind of problems were you having?

swampf0x
I have documented them at great length in previous threads on this site. In short, the stock that I chose against Larry's advice, proved to be insufficiently stiff to allow the integral barrel tuner to do it's thing. This causes some loss in accuracy. Also, There has been an ongoing feed issue that has only one brand of ammunition function properly 100% of the time. As luck would have it, that is the cheapest brand of 22 WMR ammunition I have found (Federal 40 gr. FMJ) so it is not a disaster.

Of course you need to keep in mind that I am obsessive compulsive when it comes to accuracy. The rifle is already very accurate as compared to other 10/22 Magnum rifles. You may have seen the fly that I obliterated with one well placed shot, as it walked across my target at 100 yards. You may have seen the other target I posted showing that the rifle can easily place 5 shots on a dime at 50 yards. It is just that it is not up to the exceptional standard of Larry's rifles. Did I mention that I am OC on the issue of accuracy?

The feed issue is a different problem. In my usual style of ammunition testing, when I bought the rifle I purchased at least a brick of every brand of 22 WMR ammunition that I could find. With the feed issue I have experienced, I have hundreds of dollars worth of ammunition sitting around that I cannot use, except in my Ruger Single Six. I shoot that pistol so seldom that I have about a two lifetime supply on hand.

When speaking with Larry today, I asked him to sell me one of his stocks that he has on hand. This will put my rifle in line with Larry's standard design. With my detailed description of my feed issue, Larry said he has a pretty good idea of the cause and solution.

Throughout my experience with LH Precision, Larry has been quite willing to go the extra mile to satisfy my sometimes conflicting requests. I have every confidence that this time, I will get back the rifle I tried to acquire last spring.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2011, 01:21 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
This is good news indeed!
Old 03-02-2011, 02:27 PM
shockeere

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Onearm,

I see you're out in Kingston. I'm in Seattle (magnolia to be precise)

I am interested in picking up one of the LH guns when he gets back into building them again. The 22 WMR is one of my favorite cartridges, and I'd love to get a semi-auto.

Would you be willing to meet some time at a local range and allow me to shoot your rifle? I'd be willing to pay your range fee and buy a couple boxes of ammo for your time.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Onearm

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
LH Precision is in Business

Larry is back in business now. His e-mail address has changed. My rifle is currently back at his shop getting a new stock. Send me an e-mail and I will keep in in my in-box to remind me to contact you as soon as the rifle returns. You could walk onto the Ferry in Seattle and I could pick you up at the Bainbridge Island Ferry Terminal. It is a short drive from there to my club.

Don't worry about fees. I am a member of the Poulsbo Sportsman Club. As a member, I can bring in four guests per year at no cost. I currently have over 1,000 rounds of 22 WMR on hand so I don't need any more.

In the mean time, you can still contact Larry. His new business e-mail is:
[email protected]
Old 01-05-2019, 01:14 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
This post, being 8 years old now, but still curious... Is Larry still in business?
Old 08-05-2019, 11:22 PM
gedelea

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm taking silence as a no....shame I really need a 10/22 22m receiver build.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:26 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Sadly, Larry sold off all of his equipment.
Old 08-15-2019, 05:55 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
That is indeed a sad development. I love my receiver he did.