NY HELP NEEDED for Scorpion or Mamba purchase - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-01-2019, 03:35 PM
scooter22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Central NY, The good part, not the rotten apple
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Why don't you call and ask. Heres a link to the BS Act. Theres a 800 number.

https://safeact.ny.gov/gun-owners

https://safeact.ny.gov/sites/default...edfeatures.pdf

It looks like you can not have one if a semi auto. jmo. Good luck.
Old 08-01-2019, 07:50 PM
toivo

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
Why don't you call and ask. Heres a link to the BS Act. Theres a 800 number.

https://safeact.ny.gov/gun-owners

https://safeact.ny.gov/sites/default...edfeatures.pdf

It looks like you can not have one if a semi auto. jmo. Good luck.
The problem is that you can call three times with the same question and get three different answers. Also, there's a disclaimer on the website that says the following:

"This website is informational only and does not constitute legal advice."

Great. The state's information on how to stay within the law is not "legal advice." So how is one supposed to stay within the law?

It has been clear for a long time that the purpose of the "SAFE" Act was to harass and intimidate gun owners. Nothing more and nothing less.
Old 08-01-2019, 08:33 PM
scooter22

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toivo View Post
The problem is that you can call three times with the same question and get three different answers. Also, there's a disclaimer on the website that says the following:

"This website is informational only and does not constitute legal advice."

Great. The state's information on how to stay within the law is not "legal advice." So how is one supposed to stay within the law?

It has been clear for a long time that the purpose of the "SAFE" Act was to harass and intimidate gun owners. Nothing more and nothing less.
Yup like I said the BS Act. Want to know something else most don't know? If you lose your pistol permit for any reason you lose ALL your guns. Look it up in the regs. Back door gun grab.
Old 08-02-2019, 04:08 PM
Camster

TPC Rating: 
99% (54)
Quote:
FYI for you non-New-Yorkers, no one here can take possession of a pistol before it has been added to his/her permit. All the paperwork takes place while the pistol is still in the possession of the FFL.
SUFFOLK COUNTY,NY I go to my county PD HQ, where I get a purchase doc. I then return to the gun shop, complete the paper work, and take possession of the gun. I then return to PD HQ,where they confirm the serial number, and add it to my PL
Old 08-02-2019, 04:23 PM
toivo

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camster View Post
SUFFOLK COUNTY,NY I go to my county PD HQ, where I get a purchase doc. I then return to the gun shop, complete the paper work, and take possession of the gun. I then return to PD HQ,where they confirm the serial number, and add it to my PL
Interesting. My county (Ulster) adds it to my license at the time they give me the purchase coupon. I take that back to the gun shop, where they do the background check and send me home with my pistol.

Bit of a stretch, but what would happen in Suffolk if you got stopped on your way back to the PD with a gun that isn't on your license?
Old 08-03-2019, 05:05 PM
jm17

TPC Rating: 
89% (7)
So glad I no longer live in NYS. Born and raised in Westchester county. Spent over 40 years there. When I retired from the PD I had turn in ALL my handguns. Yes all of them, until my handgun permit arrived. 6 months later it arrived. Three weeks later I moved from the peoples republic of NY, south, to the land of the free. I feel real bad for those stuck there. I remember when NY was a good state for shooters and hunters. Now its like a totalitarian state. I admit, I miss a lot of great food though.
Old 08-03-2019, 08:44 PM
jm17

TPC Rating: 
89% (7)
Quote:
Interesting. My county (Ulster) adds it to my license at the time they give me the purchase coupon. I take that back to the gun shop, where they do the background check and send me home with my pistol.

Bit of a stretch, but what would happen in Suffolk if you got stopped on your way back to the PD with a gun that isn't on your license?
Ulster county has an ELECTED sheriff unlike Westchester, NYC, Nassau & Suffolk Counties that have a Politically appointed commissioners. Most of the Elected sheriff's are pro gun.
Old 08-03-2019, 09:37 PM
scooter22

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm17 View Post
Ulster county has an ELECTED sheriff unlike Westchester, NYC, Nassau & Suffolk Counties that have a Politically appointed commissioners. Most of the Elected sheriff's are pro gun.
Thats correct. IIRC almost all of the upstate elected sheriffs here are anti BS Act. But some of the appointed police chiefs in the largest cities lean for it.
Old 08-04-2019, 03:19 PM
Camster

TPC Rating: 
99% (54)
Quote:

I would have the receipt from my gun shop to show the license clerk,purchase order number on the that.. I don't see a problem there.
I live at one end of the county, so it's about a 75 mile R/T to PD HQ. There has been a time or two when I saw a handgun at my LGS (such as a minty 3 inch Smith 66 for 700,when they fetch about 1000 online) that I could flip, but one drive for the PO, one drive to put it on the license, and and another to take it off, plus outgoing transfer fee, plus GunBroker commission, made it uneconomic.

Glad that I'm in Suffolk County. If I lived a mile west, in Nassau County, the PL cost is 300 for 5 years. It's still 10 in Suffolk.

Last edited by Camster; 08-04-2019 at 03:21 PM.