Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-16-2019, 10:37 PM
Nystagmus

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
T/C R22

Hey guys....I recently put this thing together for my teenager to shoot SC. Added the C-More and a Ruger BX trigger group, and I think that’s all to start with. Quick handling little rifle.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:09 PM
sawbill

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just started in SC earlier this year and picked up an R22 to make an open gun. I only used it a couple times with a not so great red dot. Just put a C-more railway on it, but have not competed with it yet. Much brighter, but it is quite a bit higher, so I can't get a good cheek weld with it, I need to do a chin weld. Of course that is all personel preforence/ fit thing, but I may get a new stock. It ran great untill I realized the front sight was canted left and I rotated the barrel. It then stove piped like crazy. I cleaned it real well, and no help, so turned barrel back to left, and it ran fine again. Not going to send it back, since Ihave a difrent rifle I have been using in iron sight class.

Currious how much of an improvment the BX trigger made. My factory trigger was a bit rough until I put a few hundred rounds through it an a couple cleanings. Now it is not too bad, just a bit too much pre and over travel. I am considering sending it off to brimstone tactical, and inquired if they worked on them and which services were availble, and they said they could only do the BX trigger job on it, so I assummed it was similar to a BX.

I may put a lighter barrel on it as well, so I weighed some of the componets to get an idea of what decrease or increase a new stock or barrel would give me. Ihave access to a scale that is accurate to the nearest gram, and got the following (converted to pounds), in case you ever decide to make changes:
complete rifle - 4.33 pounds
Stock - 1.24 pounds
Barrel - 1.69 pounds (27 oz)
stock insert that you can remove for a bull berrel - 0.21 pounds (3.4 oz)
Reciever, trigger and mag combined - 1.4 pounds

I hope your teenager enjoys the rifle, and shooting SC.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:22 AM
WPWarhawk
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to WPWarhawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawbill View Post
I just started in SC earlier this year and picked up an R22 to make an open gun. I only used it a couple times with a not so great red dot. Just put a C-more railway on it, but have not competed with it yet. Much brighter, but it is quite a bit higher, so I can't get a good cheek weld with it, I need to do a chin weld. Of course that is all personel preforence/ fit thing, but I may get a new stock. It ran great untill I realized the front sight was canted left and I rotated the barrel. It then stove piped like crazy. I cleaned it real well, and no help, so turned barrel back to left, and it ran fine again. Not going to send it back, since Ihave a difrent rifle I have been using in iron sight class.

Currious how much of an improvment the BX trigger made. My factory trigger was a bit rough until I put a few hundred rounds through it an a couple cleanings. Now it is not too bad, just a bit too much pre and over travel. I am considering sending it off to brimstone tactical, and inquired if they worked on them and which services were availble, and they said they could only do the BX trigger job on it, so I assummed it was similar to a BX.

I may put a lighter barrel on it as well, so I weighed some of the componets to get an idea of what decrease or increase a new stock or barrel would give me. Ihave access to a scale that is accurate to the nearest gram, and got the following (converted to pounds), in case you ever decide to make changes:
complete rifle - 4.33 pounds
Stock - 1.24 pounds
Barrel - 1.69 pounds (27 oz)
stock insert that you can remove for a bull berrel - 0.21 pounds (3.4 oz)
Reciever, trigger and mag combined - 1.4 pounds

I hope your teenager enjoys the rifle, and shooting SC.
Send your trigger to Brimstone for tuning, the difference is night and day and much better than the BX trigger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2019, 04:13 PM
sawbill

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Glad to hear you like the brimstone trigger work. It is high on my to do list, just need to decide when I won't have a chance to shoot, and send it off.
Old 07-21-2019, 05:42 AM
Geo

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
I am using the c more railway on all of my steel challenge rifles. I use the magpul hunter stock with the adjustable cheek weld risers. I am using the highest riser. It helps me line up very well with the c more dot. I have some tac sol rifles and I have changed the triggers over to Kidd single stage. Cost of around 200. I did this on the advice of several Tac sol sponsored shooters. It was money well spent.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:19 PM
sawbill

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My trigger is in the box and labled to send to Brimstone tomorow. Shot a match yesterday and did better with the chin weld then I thought I would. I may try it as is a couple more times and decide if i want to add on a riser, shoot it as is, or get a new stock. The cmore was a huge improvement, I like it a lot. I missed more than usual, primarly due to the heat, was 85 to 93 with high humidity during the match. Heat index 100 to 110 ish. Had sweat running down my arms before I shot the first stage, and I was first shooter. TC R22 ran great, I just need more practice with it. Only third time shooting steel with it and first time with the cmore. Shot with some good guys, and had fun despite the heat. Match went quicker than normal, since a third of those signed up did not come, due to the temperature.