Another I wish they made... dream thread - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-14-2019, 12:17 PM
JVStalin
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)

The 308 X 1.5 has been a wildcat since the sixties ! Has any one actually made a production rifle yet ?
Old 07-14-2019, 07:41 PM
RMoran
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS225 View Post
For some time, now, I've thought that an "americanized" version of the 7.62x39 would make an excellent medium power hunting round.
Instead of the Russian dimensions of the 7.62 (.311), make it more of a .308x39. One could take advantage of the expanded bullet choices for reloading, yet still have a weapon that doesn't kick you too hard for the needed task(s).

That would require new barrels for already existing guns though, so additional expense would be a limiting factor in the success of the "new" chambering.

There may be a reasonable alternative already, and I'm not aware of it.

Just my 2-pence.....Roger
300 blackout
Old 08-28-2020, 01:01 PM
LoneWolfSS454

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Provided the OP doesn't mean some kind of new action/caliber combination, then....

My desires follow a slightly different path, one that heads into the realm of an "heirloom quality", extremely beautiful rifle, that also has incredible accuracy. I've been looking, but haven't found exactly what I want in a production rifle. In a nutshell, I want a traditional looking rifle to shoot from a bench. I want it to be in 6.5 Creedmoor, have a very heavy, and long, threaded, varmint/target style barrel w/muzzle brake. It must have an incredibly beautiful piece of wood, with a super hard, deep, high gloss finish, capped with a highly effective, recoil absorbing, black rubber butt pad. The action and barrel needs to have a deep, super high gloss, blued finish. The lower rear section of the stock needs to be parallel to the ground for several inches, in order to ride a rest, but I also want that "traditional look", not that of the typical bench-rest stock. Something similar to a Savage model 12 stock at the rear? The forend needs to be somewhat wide, in typical varmint style, yet not have a bench stocks squared-off features. The little details also need to be top notch, such as real bottom metal, and an ultra sweet, two-stage, adjustable trigger. If money was no object, a very stout action incorporating a user replaceable barrel feature would be nice, because if I had this dream rifle, I might be shooting it to death, wearing out barrels once a year! The total weight of the complete package, with scope, can be as heavy as practical, because as we all know, the heavier it is, the less recoil we feel. I won't be walking more than about 45 feet with such a rifle, and that distance would only be from the garage, to the gun safe. At the range, I'll be within 10 feet of my vehicle, so a very heavy rifle is ideal. I'm not sure yet what exact scope it would have (a great one), but I'm fairly certain I'd have to have it sprayed with a clear gloss finish, to better match the rifle. In a "perfect world", this rifle would be available from Weatherby right now!

Last edited by LoneWolfSS454; 08-28-2020 at 01:05 PM.
Old 08-28-2020, 02:29 PM
Chase2501

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
A slim Nagant style gas seal revolver with an integral suppressor and the automatic trigger of a Mateba. Handgun and longer barrel rifle variants available in centerfire calibers and 22lr. Royal blued finish and fine burl walnut.

1911 in 5.7x28 with a Boberg style reverse feed action. Single stack width grip with a 15 round magazine. Also royal blued with fine burl walnut .
Old 09-14-2020, 07:31 PM
noelekal

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Smith & Wesson used to produce their Masterpiece K-Frame target revolvers: the Model 14 K 38, Model 16 K 32, Model 17 K 22, and Model 48 K 22 Magnum.

I've longed for a factory produced K 32-20 Masterpiece, done up just like those pinned barrel revolvers that they made before about 1981. Revolvers with no lock holes in their sides and the more traditional frame contour to match the lack of hole, no MIM, no two-piece barrels, and blue finish like in the olden days.

Not asking for much.
Old 09-15-2020, 12:43 AM
Kestrel4k

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Ultra-short Remington 700 action, sized for .45ACP; suppressor-ready w/ a factory-threaded bbl, naturally.
Could of course handle the .45 Super.

The unwashed heathen would also have the option of 9mm, lol.

Edit: For magazines, perhaps a derivative of the flush-fitting Ruger 77/44 rotary magazine.
Or at least, something based on an existing interface - 1911, Glock, USGI Grease Gun, Thompson, or ??

Last edited by Kestrel4k; 09-15-2020 at 12:56 AM.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:35 AM
Discontinued

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ooh theres so many i would like to have made.

A Merkele but in .22lr I used to work for a well known British Auction house in the fine sporting arms trade, and Purdeys, Holland and Hollands started to get boring very fast, especially considering most of them use Webley Barrels. Paying 35-100k just for engraving and fitted stock, intially seemed appealing until i saw the clientele who bought them, Dodgy Russian businessmen, Wannabee aristocrats, social climbers and worst of all Soccer players with plastic wives.

Dont get me wrong a Purdey shotgun is a thing of beauty but only as an heir loom. Buying a new one just speaks of vulgairy, showiness and bling.

The guns that really took my breath away where German single barreled break action rifles, the sleek lines simple design and almost unbelievable build quality just spoke to my gunnyness in a way that no other type can.

A Merkele fullstock/Stutzen but in .22lr

Last edited by Discontinued; 09-15-2020 at 05:41 AM.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:30 AM
rockslide

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Affordable Pedersoli Double in 375 Flanged Magnum for anything shy of dangerous game in Africa. But in a pinch..........And it will be DG legal in most of Africa
Just so that us normal 8 to 5 guys can also afford a double worth something.