Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-14-2018, 05:52 PM
Hunterhank
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Timney sear and spring

Ordered a timney sear kit for a new 77/17 wsm. Installed and couldnít engage the safety. Did some fitting, safety tight but worked, trigger pull at 4.5 pounds. This is advertised to be 2.5 pounds. Called timney they sent new sear, but for wrong gun. Called timney they sent correct sear. Installed sear and have same 4.5 pull.
In the meantime I ordered four Volquartsen sear kits off of eBay. Installed in four other 77s and they break from 2 to 2.5. Safetyís work without any fitting.
Now ordering another volquartsen kit from Trigger Shims, Lance.
Has anyone else had similar results with the Timney? Iíve used their triggers for years for Remingtonís and others and very pleased.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:57 PM
dddddmorgan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Never had the problem. I always fixed my own triggers. Maybe not as nice but my 77/22 broke at 2lbs and since I used the original parts I had no problem with the safety.

I installed a Timney trigger on a Remington Model 700 for a friend and had no issues but that was 15 years ago.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:18 AM
Win75

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I put a Timney sear and spring in my 77/22 target .22. I did have to work on the safety a little but everything works great with a little over 2 1/2 lb. pull.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2019, 11:00 AM
colt45sa
GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddddmorgan View Post
Never had the problem. I always fixed my own triggers. Maybe not as nice but my 77/22 broke at 2lbs and since I used the original parts I had no problem with the safety.

I installed a Timney trigger on a Remington Model 700 for a friend and had no issues but that was 15 years ago.
My stainless, paddle stocked 77 in .223 has had a Timney installed by a very competent smith. He also reduced the pull to bench rest specs. It's craze fantastic, albeit not cheap. I wonder if CPC could do some magic on its accuracy since I've tried every powder/bullet combination in the world and can't get the group I'm looking for. Maybe I'm looking for too much~!
Old 06-22-2019, 09:03 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by colt45sa View Post
My stainless, paddle stocked 77 in .223 has had a Timney installed by a very competent smith. He also reduced the pull to bench rest specs. It's craze fantastic, albeit not cheap. I wonder if CPC could do some magic on its accuracy since I've tried every powder/bullet combination in the world and can't get the group I'm looking for. Maybe I'm looking for too much~!
I would try shooting that action out of a different stock before you do anything to it. I have a .280 all weather that shot ok out of the boat paddle stock but shoots really well out of the Hawkeye stock it lives in now. If you know someone with a short action Ruger see if they will let you use their stock for a trip to the range.