Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-03-2016, 09:59 AM
BlueRidgeParson

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlmann View Post
What is the center-to-center spacing on the screws? Could it be 1.18"?
Hole spacing center to center is .550 inches.

BRP
Old 02-02-2018, 04:33 PM
RangeMaster37

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
From time to time!

When the first gun as a young boy you fall in love with is the Remington model 37 Rangemaster. All others never quite seem to measure up over the years. Then from time to time in the past when you know what the magazine, single shot platform and sights are. When most at the time really don't you find them at the shows and can buy them at a really low price. Now I said "Can" not "Could" do that. Having been fortunate enough to have a great number of 37's over the years. I have been tucking away those finds for the time that I might need them. This is what you see here with the exception of the box on the right. That was just found a couple of weeks ago and I just about didn't open it when I looked at it on a table. It had been there all day Saturday and this was Sunday afternoon when I spotted it. I turned back and opened and couldn't believe my eyes! A rear sight, two 5-round magazines, a single shot platform and some miscellaneous items. The owner looked at me and said; do you know what those are for and I said I sure do. I offered to sell them online for him but he wanted to just sell them. I told him they were worth over $600 and he just about fainted. He thanked me for my honesty and said he was sure glad he didn't take the $100 offer from a local dealer. He offered them to me at a fair price and now they are in the pile. So it does pay to open the boxes and be fair with people just like it always has and always will be. None are for sale I will just add that part. However, some will be later this year. I hope to finish the first step in my model 37 project and then the extras will go away. I'm also interested in collaborating with other that would like to see a book written about the Rangemaster!
MSSSR
Old 02-08-2018, 07:38 PM
Squirrel Chaser

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangeMaster37 View Post
When the first gun as a young boy you fall in love with is the Remington model 37 Rangemaster. All others never quite seem to measure up over the years. Then from time to time in the past when you know what the magazine, single shot platform and sights are. When most at the time really don't you find them at the shows and can buy them at a really low price. Now I said "Can" not "Could" do that. Having been fortunate enough to have a great number of 37's over the years. I have been tucking away those finds for the time that I might need them. This is what you see here with the exception of the box on the right. That was just found a couple of weeks ago and I just about didn't open it when I looked at it on a table. It had been there all day Saturday and this was Sunday afternoon when I spotted it. I turned back and opened and couldn't believe my eyes! A rear sight, two 5-round magazines, a single shot platform and some miscellaneous items. The owner looked at me and said; do you know what those are for and I said I sure do. I offered to sell them online for him but he wanted to just sell them. I told him they were worth over $600 and he just about fainted. He thanked me for my honesty and said he was sure glad he didn't take the $100 offer from a local dealer. He offered them to me at a fair price and now they are in the pile. So it does pay to open the boxes and be fair with people just like it always has and always will be. None are for sale I will just add that part. However, some will be later this year. I hope to finish the first step in my model 37 project and then the extras will go away. I'm also interested in collaborating with other that would like to see a book written about the Rangemaster!
MSSSR
Nice!!!
Old 02-08-2018, 07:41 PM
Squirrel Chaser

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Can anybody verify that the Redfield rear sight base came in two different heights? I have two heights, one (taller) marked 37H, and one unmarked. Unmarked is so old, I assume it is original. I kinda would think they had two heghts, because why call it R37H, instead of just R37 (because only one).
Old 05-19-2019, 06:18 PM
WFR

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRidgeParson View Post
The question comes up here often enough that I thought it might be of help to have a photographic record of the various sights that came (some factory and some after-market) for the Remington Model 37 Rangemaster rifles. The last of these rifles came off the line in 1954 or 1955, after which time it was replaced by the Remington 40x.

Here is the Remington designed receiver sight fitted on the long base. The Remington receiver sight came with a Parker-Hale six hole eyepiece that allowed by the simple turn of a dial various rear aperture sizes. The notches on the top of the long base gave the shooter up to six different locations where one can lock down the rear sight which allowed for a simple yet sturdy way to adjust eye relief. With the short base the shooter had but one choice of sight position.

And here are closer looks at the sight:

All the best -----

BRP
Can anyone here help me with the value of one of these sights as above?
Thanks in advance!
WFR