Model 32 and Marlin-Rockwell 38 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-11-2019, 03:38 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Model 32 and Marlin-Rockwell 38

Pick up some more pumps, got a group of 6 at an auction, here's the two rarest of the bunch. I had bid on a Marlin-Rockwell 38 some time ago, there was a thread about it after that auction, this gun is far better than that one, now I'm glad I didn't get it. Both have all matching serial numbers including the stocks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Malin 32 & 38 Rockwell 020x.jpg (498.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Malin 32 & 38 Rockwell 015x.jpg (478.7 KB, 12 views)
Old 04-11-2019, 08:03 AM
ClipperKing
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wind Gauge Rear Sight

Two nice rifles Sav22. What caught my attention was the wind Gauge Rear sight's on both. From what I've read that was the standard sight for your model 32. Unusual to be seen on a model 38 most were used on Marlin - Rockwell Corporation rifles to use up existing supply. They are rare sight's most were prone to breakage of the windage adjustment.

I've only seen a few 32's of the that's the only one I've seen with that sight still in tact. There's a gentleman on MO site that keeps a database on the hammerless pumps. He's very knowledgeable on them as well.

I have a Model 38, 37 and a few 27's. Make sure you use standard velocity ammo.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:01 AM
bgl0b6

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice rifles Gene,I saw one of those sights at Princeton in a box of junk,I didn't know what it was for lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2019, 12:12 PM
WalnutBill22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Congratulations, Gene! Your two Marlins do look a lot better than the one on Gunbroker and appear to be totally original. The Gunbroker rifle is the only one I've ever seen that did not have a grooved forend, so I'm wondering if it was replaced at some time. Also, it appears that there may be something wrong with its magazine.
Old 04-12-2019, 01:33 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bill, I discussed the one on GunBroker with a couple long time Marlin collectors - it could be a factory parts clean-up and the forearm might be made from an unfinished blank for a Model 29 which had plain tapered forearms but had two holes only on the right side, or a blank intended for a gun with checkering (or... something some one made).
..... but consensus also is that none of that could be documented. One of them did have a Marlin-Rockwell barreled 32 that he sold years ago, not sure of what forearm it had, the serial number was over 1000 which is the highest any of us had heard of for a 32, but we no longer have access to the gun to compare details. We do not know where Brophy got his high number of over 5000 for the 32's, but it seems very questionable.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:09 PM
pump .22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Very nice....those don't show up too often. Good find and purchase.