Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-26-2019, 01:35 PM
Recoilspring
GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have had 2 of the Crossman .357 magnums.

I have had the best results in Co2 with the Crosman .357 magnum revolvers, and their single shot all steel model. My first .357 mg. Crosman was bought in 1981 shot a lot and unfortunately I did not know how to take care of it, the seals blew out after 7 years. You can get parts and service these great guns yourself, also the price on them is very affordable.

Bought another .357 Crosman in January and it has been to the range twice so far, am following the owner's manual on care, I get around 70 shots per capsule. Not a big fan of the trigger on it, kinda crude.

I had a blow back SIG 226 model, and it did not last long, stopped working after a few months, not cheap either. Also, had a Colt 1911 non-blow back and the crummy plastic magazine kept going bad. Many of the replica guns are not so good, the British have websites talking about this more than the Yanks as they cannot legally own real handguns in the UK, so you can get good info there.

Seems the revolvers are better than the semi-automatics. The new model of the Dan Wesson revolver is getting good reviews, but this gun goes for around $150. 00, however it is on my list for the future.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:31 PM
Aladdin

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsman View Post
C02 pistol are nice and convenient.. Most will get 25 to 40 full power shot per cart. not too bad... That gets reduced if you get a blow back type gun or something. My personal choice is a single stroke target type gun... great for informal 10 meter shooting in the backyard... Another issue with c02 is that in cold weather you will see a significant reduction in power and shots. its VERY temp sensitive.

I started with cO2 and found out the cold temps and cO2 were not good. Single stroke pneumatic is the way to go. But I don't know of any SSP repeater pistols. They are load one shoot one.
And not only in the backyard. In the garage works for me.