Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-12-2019, 01:26 PM
Brittman
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Alliant Black mz powder...?

Hey, guys!

Anyone use this powder in the MZ's? I have tried to buy a bottle, but cannot find it anywhere! Does anyone know of any somewhere for sale?

Thanks!
Brittman
Old 03-12-2019, 09:55 PM
LHitchcox

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have used it in my son-in-laws in-line muzzleloader and in my brother's 12 gauge SXS. It performed well in both and was easy to clean. I never ran the loads thru a chronograph, so I don't know the velocity. It will get a tryout in my TC Renegade as soon as the weather settles down. One of the best things about it is that Sportsmanswarehouse sells it for $10 per pound.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:03 PM
Brittman
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
LHitchcox,

Thanks for your reply! I intend to use the new Alliant BlackMZ in an older Ruger Old Army revolver soon, IF I can find a bottle?

Unfortunately, we don't have a 'Sportsman Warehouse' close by, but maybe I can order some from them? I'll give it a try.

Again, I appreciate your help, thank you!

Brittman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2019, 10:18 AM
LHitchcox

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The hazmat fee will be a killer when ordering online. I think it is normally $24 now for up to 48 pounds of powder.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:36 AM
Old Schoolr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm signed up w. Brownell's & Mid South for sales bulletins & I notice they often have "no haz-mat fee" sale codes. I've never used one so I can't say if the price is jacked up some other way to make up for it but it is probably worth looking into.
Old 03-17-2019, 04:58 PM
Darto
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yeah I use it.
It is easy to actually ignite a flintlock compared to other replica powders. But not as easy as real black. All powders work well with percussion caps, but sparks (flintlock, matchlock) is harder to make the gun fire every time.

It has less power than other replica powders or real black. Check the loading manuals, velocity is definitely down. This is it's worst feature.

All replica powders are harder to clean the gun with than modern smokeless. but Aliant Black MZ is far less messy than the other replica powders, and of course less messy than real black. This is it's best feature!

All in all I love it. Because who want's to clean guns for an hour or see rust from not cleaning properly? Less power, meh not important to me much, I am shooting these for fun not serious hunting.