Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-13-2019, 05:25 PM
Smokin_Barrel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Finally got my Frakenruger assembled!

Hello Everybody,
After reading tons of posts covering all makes of Ruger Semi auto pistol, I found a used Mark IV Target that has had the recall done, that looked like a great deal with several upgrades: TK trigger, Halo extended mag release, Altamont Grips, Mark pro mag bumpers, and a cheap tasco red dot, $426.00.
Brought home from FFL, checked trigger pull on my Lyman gauge 1lb 8oz, looked inside first off more goodies! TK blast shield, Volquartsen sear, Ruger hammer. Trigger is lite but, a lot of creep.
I have a power custom stoning jig, so, I shortened the ledge on the hammer has a nice break now. Not a smith just like tinkering with my own stuff.
Put a Match Dot II on it and it is a shooter! Love it for bench shooting and off hand plinking but, heavy.
[IMG][/IMG]
I wanted something for steel and lite to carry. Reading AZ Shooter & Flash 80, Tacoma and others, I knew what I wanted to put together. I added a Volquartsen firing pin, extractor LLV-4 1/2, TK Game changer Pro comp, Vortex Venom 6 MOA, and Stoner Slash & Burn black & gray grips.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-13-2019, 05:40 PM
AzShooter
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Both guns look GREAT!

Have lots of fun with them. Your FrankenRuger will be great for steel matches. Now spend lots of money on ammo and practice, practice, practice.

Do some testing and find out what shoots best in your gun. I've had good luck with Blazer ( shoots tighter groups than most expensive ammo) but I use Eley Standard for competition. It has no light strikes and is 100% reliable and cleaner.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:12 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I always wondered what that thing would look like with a different comp on it than the VQ one. Looks pretty good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2019, 09:25 PM
Smokin_Barrel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks AZ Shooter,
Did a little testing yesterday but, with that 6 MOA dot at 20 yds and my 61 yr old eyes not sure I was holding exactly on same spot. Tried Auto Match, Blazer and CCI SV all 40gr. Will try to find some Eley Standard all i have found is Aquila Super Extra.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-13-2019, 09:26 PM
Smokin_Barrel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks Flash 80. I hoped it would look ok. I bought it 3 weeks before I got the LLV, thought I was going Tactical Solutions Pack Lite, but, changed my mind. LOL
Old 03-13-2019, 09:56 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I've got a Pac-lite on a MKIII. Its ridiculous lightweight, but given the need to choose between the two, VQ all day long.

Would not frown at those groups using a 6MOA dot at that distance. Just think of how much it covers up from there. I shot mine at 50yds a few days ago, and the groups were so bad I didnt bother with a picture. The dot shrouded a 3" sticky target big time.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:20 PM
Smokin_Barrel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It's hard to hit what you can't see! I could see the outer edge of the 3" target at 20 yards, at 50 i don't know maybe a 6 or 7 ".
Old 03-13-2019, 10:51 PM
Smokin_Barrel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Gun has run good only 2 fail to chamber both times the receiver wasn't fully locked very tight in front. Found problem, rubber bumper or pad was mushroomed not allowing it to go all the way down. Pulled it out cut top off reinserted still tight but, latches solid. Ran 70 rounds on steel 100%. Love it!
Old 03-13-2019, 11:41 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Lee Wirthwein (Wirthwein guns) found a cheap solution to that bumper if it ever messes up. That yellow fuel line for a weedeater or chainsaw. Cut a small piece of that to replace it with. Hardware stores sell it by the foot for cheap. I haven't had any problem out of mine so far, but that will be my first attempt if I do. Probably because I've got some out in the garage already.