T/C, Green Mountain .32 Percussion Muzzleloading Barrel - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-20-2019, 03:27 PM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
T/C, Green Mountain .32 Percussion Muzzleloading Barrel

I found one of these in great shape and it should be delivered in a week or so. I've want one of these for along time, finally found one.

I plan to put it on my .50 T/C Hawken stock for the time being (15/16" flats). May end up getting a dedicated stock for it at some point. I've got 0.019" ticking patches now, but may look around for thinner material so that I'll have some options. Still have to find a .310 or .315 mold for it, as both appear to be usable in this caliber.
Old 01-20-2019, 04:07 PM
Gizzy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (149)
My Lyman, my cousin and I used .012-.014 pillow ticking and a .495 round ball. All depends on the ball you use. We went with the largest bal and had great accuracy out of them. That GM barrel is a good one. My cousins builds he always used Green Mountain barrels and Davis Locks and triggers.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:22 PM
Pat McCoy
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Go to yard sales, or Salvation Army, and find old linen napkins (or a whole tablecloth if you want a lifetime+ supply). Linen is stronger and thinner, and holds up very well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2019, 11:53 AM
Pete44ru
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
86% (9)

I hope you like & enjoy it more than I did...

Since I prefer lightweight/nimble rifles, I thought it very heavy for a .32, and hard to load for my fat fingers.

I had a .32 Seneca that was a few pounds lighter, but traded it for a similar (light) weight .36 Seneca - which was much easier for me to load.

Old 01-21-2019, 12:12 PM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Yes, it will be heavy. I'll weigh it once I get it together
Old 01-27-2019, 10:04 PM
1sgt105
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I was able to get a .32 GM drop in before they were discontinued. (15/16) I have it in a Hawken stock. I use a .311 ball, .016 patch, and 28 grains of Old Ensford powder. Very accurate at 25 yards. I clean with 91% alcohol between shots. The build up of fouling can be more of a problem on the small caliber muzzleloaders. I recently got a .36 GM 1". I have it on a Renegade stock. I have a .40 I use for offhand, a .45 for offhand and a .45 with peep sights for bench matches.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:38 AM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Thanks for the loading tip. My GM .32 arrived, it is darned heavy. I haven't had a chance to unpack it yet. I'm following a recipe for a lube/wipe and plan to try it first in this .32.
Old 01-29-2019, 02:08 AM
Gizzy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (149)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWolf View Post
Thanks for the loading tip. My GM .32 arrived, it is darned heavy. I haven't had a chance to unpack it yet. I'm following a recipe for a lube/wipe and plan to try it first in this .32.
We, my cousin and I had some stuff he bought at what used to be called, Mountain State Muzzleloading. We would tear strips of pillow ticking. Melt the grease is a skillet, dip the pillow ticking in, and run it through our fingers to squeeze out the excess, and let it dry. Keep that in our possibles bag, and it worked great. The same grease was also great for wiping down the rifle, and waterproofing the stock. I do not remember the name of it. When he shot matches, he used either Hoppes, or T/C patch lube liquid, and filled an empty nasal spray bottle with it, and wet each patch as he shot,and also used the same for cleaning every 3 shots or so. As I remember, I think it was a yellow colored liguid lube.
Old 01-29-2019, 09:14 AM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Sounds like T/C Bore Butter.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...re-butter-tube