Adapters to use Rifle primers on a Knight - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-04-2018, 09:43 AM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Adapters to use Rifle primers on a Knight

A friend has a Knight black powder rifle, his supply of adapters to use rifle
primers is depleted and he cannot find any in our location.
Who makes them and where can you get them?
Any help appreciated.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:10 AM
JAX71224

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Got a plastic box of them years ago from Whitaker's Guns. maybe 200 or so in box, they are reusable, never needed more.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:17 PM
Test_Engineer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought my Knight ML from Cabelas many years ago. While I was there I bought a box of rubber boots for sealing percussion caps from moisture. They work great and I still have 80% of the boots. The company that made them doesn't seem to be around any more, so I can't help you there.

There also used to be someone who made replacement nipples that allowed you to use rifle primers. I haven't seen any of those for a long time either.

Knight now makes adapters for using shotgun (209) primers on their MLs. Are you sure your friend is using rifle primers and not shotgun primers?

This link to Knight's product page includes a phone number where you can ask about how to get more shotgun primer adapters:

https://www.muzzleloaders.com/produc...onversion-kit/

BTW - Does the rifle/shotgun primers make the powder charge burn any faster than the original percussion caps? The delay between "click" and "boom" can cause a miss if you're out of breath when you get a shot. If the delay is reduced by a lot, I might buy the conversion kit. Thanks.