Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-08-2018, 11:29 AM
MarkIVShooterOK

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Talking New Superstock?!?

Hello my names is James and I suffer from rimfire addiction.........

I am new to the forums and have made a few posts in various forums since purchasing my Ruger Mark IV Target model a few months back hence the user name. I have always been a firearms fanatic but just recently decided I wanted to shoot more then just own them! Which lead me to the Mark IV, in the short time I have owned this I have since done the Full VQ trigger kit along with a Tandemkross Victory Trigger. This of course lead me down a rabbit hole so to speak..... I have since then traded off a rarely used revolver for a Marlin 882 .22 Mag which scratched a small itch I had for a rimfire rifle.... but something was still lacking! So I put yet another unused pistol on Armslist and thought I would see what kind of offers might come along.

Well I had someone offer a " Nicer Model 10/22" I was a but hesitant at first but after reading more and more on the 10/22 forums I decided might as well take a look whats the harm right. So needless to say I am now the proud owner of a very nice 10/22 DSP model. Previous owner actually bought the Rifle for his daughter who lost interest shortly after and has been sitting in his safe since.

So long story short I have since ordered a New Green Mountain Fluted 20in Sporter as well as sent the trigger group to Brimstone. I had also recently purchased a Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 4-12 for the Marlin 882 I spoke of but have since decided it will go on my DSP at least for now, still waiting on the trigger group to come back as well as my Signature Zee rings to arrive. Once it is complete I will certainly add some pictures to the thread!

I will say the vast knowledge on this forum has helped me and I look forward to my newest addiction.... I can not say the same for my wife but she is understanding so far!

James
Old 11-08-2018, 06:50 PM
Clem-E

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
welcome to the addiction!

Old 11-09-2018, 07:05 PM
Tsb3
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Welcome to the rabbit hole! Just keep tossing your $ down it like the rest of us!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2018, 04:40 PM
MarkIVShooterOK

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hmmmmm maybe I will name it Moneypit!

Here is Moneypit...

Factory DSP Stock
20in Fluted Sporter Green Mountain Barrel
Brimstone Tier 3 Trigger group - sweet spot 2lb 2oz
JWH Gen 2 Comp Bolt
Burris Signature Zee Rings
Nikon Prostaff 4-12
Nylon Bolt Buffer
Alum. Tape Bedding (for now)

I already have plans for the future but for now I canít wait any longer to shoot it!

Hope to make it to the range next weekend and run some down the tube and see what it can do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C7FF2FFD-3CF7-4537-9E89-A815C6A3B322.jpg (494.0 KB, 10 views)
Old 11-18-2018, 05:42 PM
Tsb3
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Very nice. Looks like my LVT, minus the flutes of course. Looking forward to the range report.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:32 PM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
It looks like your set.
I have done the aluminum tape bedding on two 10/22's, and a CZ 455 of my own, and have also done a few 10/22's for friends. It has always showed an improvement. On all three of my own I eventually moved on to epoxy, but there was no accuracy improvement over the aluminum tape. Just the piece of mind of knowing I tried that one more thing.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:00 PM
MarkIVShooterOK

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hawkeye I had read the info Vincent posted about the tape bedding and figured what the heck what can I lose! I would like to eventually go with a proper bedding job but for the time being I will see how it works out.

I did notice the JWH bolt seems to be tight in the receiver I do have some Mini Mags I had ordered for my Mark IV so my plans is use those for some break in before I try for any real groups.

TSB as for the LVT similarities I believe I subconsciously ended up that way! When I started down the rabbit hole so to speak I was on the hunt for a LVT model so in the end I guess I took the long way around.

Weather here Sunday is supposed to be decent so I plan to spend sometime at the range and see what I can do with this. I have no doubt this will exceed my abilities but I am looking forward to the journey for sure!