Marlin Picture Thread - Page 45 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-05-2017, 05:18 PM
usmc1983
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Here is a pic of my XT-22M. Sure shoots straight!
(This Image is Too Large to Be Displayed Within the Post. Click Link to View) (1897 kB)
Old 12-23-2017, 11:49 AM
marlinguy
Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Another old Ballard added to my collection. Been trying to buy this one for 4 years, and it finally came to fruition! It's a first year Marlin Ballard #4 Perfection from 1875. The caliber is .50-70 Govt., and it's the only Ballard I've ever seen factory chambered in this caliber!

It has the early heavy flat side forged receiver. Hammer, lever, trigger, and buttplate are all leftover Brown Mfg. Ballard parts. When Marlin took over production in 1875 they were given all the remaining parts, machinery, and even employees of the defunct Brown Mfg. Co.:

Had a period correct tang sight, so added it to make shooting easier:

The gun has almost no finish, but it appears to be just carry wear as the action is tight as a new Ballard! The bore is also like new, and like the rest of this gun, it's an oddity too! Marlin did not make .50 caliber barrels, as the .50-70 by 1875 was already becoming obsolete. So John Marlin purchased a few .50 caliber rifled barrels from C. Sharps Rifle Co. too assemble the .50-70 Govt. Ballard.
This Ballard is a conglomeration of parts, but all assembled at Marlin in 1875, so it's a correct conglomeration too!
Old 02-14-2018, 09:28 AM
spoonbill

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Model 99

New to the forum so I thought I'd post a pic. This an older model 99 I saved that was in poor shape.[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-19-2018, 01:19 PM
marlinguy
Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Just finished this one. Had barrel issues, and I located a replacement barrel that was contoured from a Douglas Premium blank. It's a 30" #4 weight, half octagon, in .40-65 Win. caliber. Original Marlin Ballard factory engraved, DST, loop lever action. A midrange offhand rifle.

Scope is a Lyman 438 in their early offset mounts, to allow use of the tang sight, and globe front sight without scope removal.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:42 AM
dukecitydean
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ek-marlin-424 View Post
Here's a project of mine you might be interested. I took my 980S (which I had previously worked on while i was finishing a Richard's Microfit stock) and rebarreled it with a GM 20" SS fluted barrel (modified the shank of a .920 10/22 barrel to fit the Marlin reciever. I replaced the trigger that I tuned up myself with a Rifle Basix trigger and have that set up now. I've been working on a target stock for a long time and finally got to painting it today, although that is still incomplete. I have yet to finish the pillar and glassbedding and cut out a trigger guard.

Here's the rifle sitting in the stock (white sealer coat). Scope is a Mueller APV 4.5-14x40mmAO (Burris Zee rings).

Stock after painting today. I have yet to do some touch-up work and clear-coat it.
That Eddie Van Halen pain job is FANTASTIC! What a great idea!
Old 03-18-2018, 09:55 PM
CraigVM62

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
cleared the dust off

After doing some customizing to the first 917 I bought years ago I decided to buy a second to have for friends to shoot. Decided to wipe the dust off of it and give it a bit of a facelift with a new Boyds AT-One stock

Last edited by CraigVM62; 03-18-2018 at 09:58 PM.
Old 03-25-2018, 12:15 PM
leavinc
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanselman View Post
Finally got some nice shots of my NIB 2015 Model 60 - I know it's not too special, but it is my first rifle, and I plan on keeping it a long time.
Is that the Stillwater Rod and Gun Club? I used to shoot there

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2018, 08:45 AM
nfmMike
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It's begun...

Here is a picture of a piece of a '79 Glenfield 60 that I decided needed recoloring. It has a really dark stain on it now, and it's more ugly and rough than fine sandpaper and Old English or some such would fix up, so I am stripping it. Where the stock meets the buttplate was also super light as if there was never any stain there, or, someone refinished this and didn't take the time to "wrap" the color around the edges. Have not decided what is going back on it - see what it looks like bare first. Oh, the metal is almost perfect!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stripping.jpg (474.7 KB, 20 views)