Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-10-2018, 10:06 AM
Test_Engineer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joat
And yes, that is a fp ding on the chamber face. A result of using a bolt without checking if all the parts were persent LOL.
Most impressive Joat! I love when people step past what Ruger & aftermarket vendors offer and make what they want. It's the only way you can get there without spending tons of $$ on gunsmiths and machine shops.

I don't have the machine shop and capabilities you do, but my MKIII is a pretty impressive custom machine as well. You might want to check my decocker sticky in the MKIII forum. It's the best easy mod I've come up with. No need to ever dry fire = no chance of chamber dings. And it's WAY more convenient than carrying around a box of snap caps. Again, WELL DONE!
Old 08-10-2018, 10:44 AM
Joat
Emergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Thanks for the kind words and I'll check out the sticky.
I'm usually not too concerned with chamber dings on my "fun" guns as I have gotten pretty good with a chamber iron. That is one of the best tool investments I ever made.
I frequently buy used 22s from pawn shops that have chamber dings and because of the dings I can usually negotiate the price down to "are you kidding me" levels. 😛 15 minutes with the iron and you'd never know the ding was there.