Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-06-2018, 01:32 PM
Chubbo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
.22 short black powder cartridge

Hello old Friends;
I haven't been signed into this forum lately. I'm not very active anymore. I have an Allen & Wheelock, 7 shot, .22 black powder, short, revolver. This little revolver is dear to me, as it came to me in a swap, with the long deceased Chief of Police of the little town that I grew up in. I chose that little revolver to train our two sons, age 5 and six, the significance of handling, and firing a "real" firearm. This revolver was misplaced most of the time, so I decided to make a display stand for it. As my mechanical skills are lost to arthritis, poor eyesight,and the assorted "Advanced Maturity" ailments, it took a long time to make the stand. Now that it's done, I would like to find someone that would be willing to sell, or swap, a .22 Short, black powder cartridge of this revolver's era, to be displayed with this revolver in it's stand. Please forgive me for this long winded, unorthodox tale, and request. Thanks.
Chubbo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02578.jpg (491.0 KB, 3 views)
Old 07-07-2018, 07:00 PM
NHcollector

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Lovely old revolver! I don't have what you are looking for but I wish you well in your search. A Google search may get you that display cartridge, good luck, a noble endeavor.

I just did some searching on my phone but didn't come up with anything. It's out there though, everything is to those who search long enough.
Old 07-07-2018, 07:32 PM
rc.

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If just for display, why don't you show it with 22 CB shorts. I believe the blank shorts are still filled with black powder but they would not have the correct bullet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2018, 04:15 PM
toomanyguns

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Love the little revolver. Thanks for sharing the picture.

Would a black powder short cartridge not look the same as a standard short cartridge?

I was missing a .22 conical ball cartridge for my collection and made a facsimile by removing the projectile from a BB Cap cartridge and replacing it with the 20 grain bullet from an Aguila Colibri. The result looked just like pictures you see of old CB cap cartridges.

Gun shows are also a possible source of the round you want.
Old 07-10-2018, 02:17 PM
Chubbo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Correct brand name?

Now that i'v started the discussion of this revolver, I have another question. I'v heard this little revolver called several different brand names, such as Ethan Allen,-Wheelock, or Ethan Allan, Side Hammer. Can one of our experts, tell me which brand name is correct? Thanks.

Chubbo
Old 07-10-2018, 02:37 PM
gcrank1

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Just saw this thread, nice display. I will take a look in the catch-all box Ive thrown old cartridges in. Im guessing the best would be a copper case 22Short?
Old 07-10-2018, 05:32 PM
Chubbo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yes

gcrank1;

That sounds like exactly what I need.

Chubbo
Old 07-10-2018, 06:32 PM
Dean1151

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
22 cartridge help

You might e.mail Ron Lyons: [email protected]. He has a page on GunBroker.com as "4gauge" . I have delt with him before on a few hard to find cartridges, with very good results. Randy
Old 07-14-2018, 11:37 AM
Chubbo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Back on the internet

I was unable to use the forum, for over 72 hrs., due to my computer crashing. Our son, worked for many hours on, and completely reconfigured the system, and I'm able to use it again.
when my computer crashed, I lost contact with everyone, and my dealings with them, such as finding an antique, Black Powder loaded .22 Short cartridge, to be used with a display stand that I made, for a 7 shot .22 short revolver, that I used to train our two sons to shoot.
Now, I'll just have to start hunting for that cartridge, all over again. Please bear with me, and my poor computing skills.

Chubbo
Old 07-14-2018, 11:57 AM
gcrank1

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Chub, I have looked through my stuff and have not found one