List of Takedown Stocks - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-31-2017, 10:44 PM
Jerryrig
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mengin View Post
I was looking for a new stock and made a list of all of them I could find online. I believe I got them all and I figure to share with RF.

Tapco Intrafuse

AGP Arms folding stock

ADTAC Takedown Stock

Tacstar Takedown Stock

Underfold stocks (angled and straight)

Boyds Barracuda (Other colors are available as well)

Boyds Evolution (Other colors are available as well)

Boyds Thumbhole (Other colors are available as well)

Boyds Tacticool/Pro Varmit (Discontinued?)

Custom Wood Stock (Takes regular 1022 stocks, converts them to accept Takedowns and sells them. Can do custom work)

Almount Barracuda

Almount Paladin

Hogue Regular Overmold (Other colors are available as well)

Hogue Thumbhole Overmold (Other colors are available as well)

DrFrankenRuger Wood Stocks

TDJ ArchAngel AR Stock

PMACA Manufacturing Aluminum Stock

ATI AR-22 TactLite

Magpul X22

Magpul X22 Backpacker

Stock + Barrel

Tactical Solutions Hogue Stock and Barrel

Volquartsen Foregrip and Barrel

I believe the Boyds Tacticool is discontinued but I throw it in there anyways. The folks at 1022td-woodstocks.com made a Magpul X22 to fit a takedown.

Let me know if I missed any.
Any knowledge of or experience with these stocks?
http://drfrankenruger.com/ruger_1022_takedown_stocks
Old 11-08-2017, 01:08 PM
KrautBurner
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
is anyone making a stock that will work with the Silent-SR ISB?
http://www.ruger-firearms.com/micros...ISB/index.html

I'm thinking of picking one of these up,
but I want a stock that has some sort of a pistol grip
or even the Magpul Hunter style
Old 12-09-2017, 09:16 AM
jam_ppp
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Length of Pull

I have a basic stainless TD with black plastic stock. I find the TD stock size just too small. Length of Pull and with the scope on it, it's more of a chin rest than a cheek rest.
I enjoy Sporting Clays and my shotgun Length of pull is 15.5".

I prefer the look and feel of that more traditional stock, vs some of the thumbhole laminates. Even most of the stocks here seem to come with short LOPs

Looking through the options, the one that seems to meet the need is the Magpul Hunter with LOP adjustable to 14.5" and optional cheek risers.

I've never seen one of these in person, so do they look like cheap plastic like the Ruger's.

The one that really caught my eye was that Hogue "red lava" that I guess is rubber but has a wood look.

Am I missing other good options?
Old 04-22-2018, 09:39 PM
Myke043

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Aftermarket stock

It's a great thing that there are so many options for the 10-22 takedown. I bought the Magpul x-22 Backpacker and I really like the way it feels. When you pick it up, the gun feels light and there is just an all-around great feel of the gun. Once you shoulder it, you know you have the right stock on your gun. The only problem is, I just didn't like the way it looked. So I kept it on my gun and looked for other stocks. I saw a guy at the range with the Hogue Thumbhole stock and I really like the way that looked, so I ended up buying a Hogue Thumbhole stock too. I kept the Magpul stock and I switch back and forth because I like both stocks, but for different reasons. With that said, I like the Magpul Backpacker because of the way it fits together when you want to put it in a back pack. I also like the way it feels when I shoulder it. So, when I know I am going out in the field and I am going to put it in a backpack, I put the Magpul on. If I am toing to the range, I put the Hogue Thumbhole on. I like that way it feels while shouldering and I like the grip of the thumbhole stock.

I also have another custom 10-22 that has a Tactical Solutions Vantage stock, with a Tactical Solutions bull barrel. That stock isn't a takedown barrel, but it does feel good and if they make a takedown barrel, that's an option for you too. I hope I wasn't too lengthy here.

I'd post pictures, but I can't figure out how to do that on this forum.