Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-14-2018, 11:17 PM
glc24

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Magazine Tube

I searched for info before posting. Seems for as long as these (20-A) have been around, there is very little helpful information. Especially if you are unfamiliar (as I am) with this particular rifle.

I offered to try and repair a 20-A for a friend of mine. I disassembled it and everything is intact with some parts showing wear but still functional. The gun has the full length magazine tube. The only parts together were the inner and outer plugs and tubes.

It is missing the follower and the spring which he had already purchased from Numrich. I'm confused with the different followers. Which one do I use, and how long is the spring supposed to be? It measures 42 inches long.

Any help on this is appreciated.

Last edited by glc24; 04-18-2018 at 12:08 PM.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:56 PM
Dieseldude03
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just replaced the magazine spring in my 20a with the full-length magazine. The factory follower in my rifle looks like the bottom one in your picture.

I don't know how long the replacement spring was. I received it, along with some other spare parts, when I purchased the rifle. It was a long sucker though! After test fitting and checking the spring pressure at the follower, I elected to cut 8" off the end before installing it. These magazine designs are pretty delicate and I really had my doubts the entire length if spring had enough room to compress without coil binding before the loading port was revealed. The resulting spring length works perfect.