Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-30-2021, 02:01 PM
Rosscoe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Vertigo ?

I had a bout with Vertigo about ten years ago. First several days were the worst, then it tapered off and went away in a couple of weeks.
Spinning the first couple of days, then dizziness when getting up or after bending over.
I felt no problem or such with inner ear?

It came back again yesterday morning!

Anyone else ? Comments? Thanks
Old 08-30-2021, 02:06 PM
dlong

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Never had it, but a good friend of mine gets it. He says sometimes he canít stand up for 2 days. Doesnít sound fun.
......Tom Petty
Old 08-30-2021, 02:09 PM
azshot
US Navy NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I've had it, and my wife has. Very common as you age. Meclizine, a sea sickness medicine you can get over the counter, works very well. Also if you are getting clogged up from allergies (pollen), try flonase.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2021, 02:12 PM
chicharrones

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I get some mild vertigo when my sinuses are clogged up. Which happens to be today and the last few days. Both ears are ringing like mild tinnitus.

What makes the day easier for me is two different nose sprays. Afrin Severe Congestion Pump Mist and Flonase.
Old 08-30-2021, 02:17 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
See your doctor in case its something really serious such as a tumor or ??
Old 08-30-2021, 02:22 PM
Rosscoe

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
None of the problems mentioned above. I'm up for the most part moving around.
Al, I'll go to my Doc if it doesn't go away in a few!
Old 08-30-2021, 02:30 PM
Magnum357

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azshot View Post
I've had it, and my wife has. Very common as you age. Meclizine, a sea sickness medicine you can get over the counter, works very well. Also if you are getting clogged up from allergies (pollen), try flonase.
Exactly what I was going to say.
Old 08-30-2021, 02:39 PM
'ol shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (137)
I had it once when I had a bad cold with inner ear infection. I was at a shotgun range where my teen son and his friends were shooting sporting clays. I was following them around the course in my SUV and suddenly it hit, making me flop over onto the passenger seat like a rag doll. Thankfully the vehicle was in park or it could have been very bad. I feel for you brother. It was so unpleasant I hope I never experience it again.
Old 08-30-2021, 02:49 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'd just say get it seen to sooner rather than later.

My dad took a tumble due to it, whacked his head, took the good ol' NHS a few days to actually address the swelling on the brain, and he was never the same after that - both physically and mentally.
Old 08-30-2021, 03:21 PM
RJF22553
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm on three Rx meds, all of them say "may cause dizziness". They do from time to time. I most often look down at the ground when I walk both to make sure I don't step on critters, but also to maintain my balance. I stay off ladders these days...
Old 08-30-2021, 03:54 PM
beer1234

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've gotten it recently after 30 years. The last time I was using a liquid with known neurological side effects. My wife and brother have also had it in the recent time period. I've read up some and I'm beginning to think it's connected to the Covid vaccine. Who knows??
Old 08-30-2021, 06:26 PM
chuck40219
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
My wife suffers from it almost every day. From the time she get out of bed till mid morning.

Chuck40219
Old 08-30-2021, 06:51 PM
leenie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ol shooter View Post
I had it once when I had a bad cold with inner ear infection. I was at a shotgun range where my teen son and his friends were shooting sporting clays. I was following them around the course in my SUV and suddenly it hit, making me flop over onto the passenger seat like a rag doll. Thankfully the vehicle was in park or it could have been very bad. I feel for you brother. It was so unpleasant I hope I never experience it again.
reminds me of my grandfather. I want to die peacefull in my sleep like my grandfather. not like the passengers in his car
Old 08-30-2021, 06:54 PM
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (284)
I've had it on occasion. Very disconcerting. It seems to arise with no identifiable cause and depart the same way. Feels weird and is weird.

Doug
Old 08-30-2021, 07:01 PM
whiplash

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
My first attack was 26 years ago. Since then it comes and goes. Mine is related to stress in any form: physical, emotional, mental. Thought I was a pretty healthy guy until it started. It can make me ready to vomit and walk down the hall with a hand on the wall disabling.

Tried sea sickness pills, the wrist band pressure points, an anti-depressant, acupuncture, ear cleaners and even DMSO. All worked somewhat but the best thing for me is make it a top priority when it comes on not to deny it.

I read myself and nip it in the bud when I feel it coming on. Limiting, caffeine, alcohol and hard to digest foods.

It becomes a "positional" problem for me and it's not always the same position. First I have to de-stress somehow. Then I have to slowly retrain myself NOT to get dizzy when moving through that position. Like physical therapy, I'll rotate my head a little in the direction that I'm noticing the vertigo and then go back to a stable position.

As a swimmer, it's terrible. After a bout, I have to start over and work on backstroke, breaststroke or rolling to the left or rolling to the right with freestyle. Sometimes I just have to stop the retraining and rest more with my head in a fixed position.

It's really something I pray over.