Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-19-2021, 06:33 PM
vinceg
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Winchester 52 5 shot magazines

Hello to all:

Hope this post finds everyone doing well in these strange times. However, let me get to why I'm posting having to do with 52 5 shot magazines. They seem to be very very hard to find. Those that are out there are crazy expensive. The Wisner mags, which I use, are even hard to find & are bringing high prices as well. I think I'm missing something & would appreciate any ones input on the subject.

Thanks, Vince
Old 02-19-2021, 09:15 PM
ClarenceAnderson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinceg View Post
The Wisner mags, which I use, are even hard to find & are bringing high prices as well.
Scarcity of originals is understandable, but not the ones Wisner is, or was, making. They have the tooling & experience, so it's hard to understand the hold up. Have you inquired directly? Is it possible they doesn't understand the strong demand that exists?
Old 02-19-2021, 09:44 PM
BobSc
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Tons of them on ebay...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2021, 11:21 PM
ClarenceAnderson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSc View Post
Tons of them on ebay...
Like this one? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Winchester-...oAAOSwUBpgEv~V

The one I bought a yr ago cost $30.
Old 02-20-2021, 12:42 AM
LarDaBear
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
ClarenceAnderson,
I sent him a message a couple of weeks ago when he had it listed as an original Winchester produced mag listed for $120.00 and explained it was a mag made by Wisner's and Wisner sold them direct for $20.00.
He messaged me back he had corrected the ad, I almost choked when I saw his Buy It Now price of $100.00.
That's throwing 'stuff' at the wall and hoping it will stick and some fool will pay that much for it.
A fool and his money are soon parted.
I saw today some fools got into a bidding war on a Winchester 82A sight and paid $171.00 for it.
I bought a complete one off ebay a week or two ago and paid just under 1/2 of that including tax and shipping and I thought that was a bit high.

Last edited by LarDaBear; 02-20-2021 at 12:45 AM.
Old 02-20-2021, 07:13 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I remember getting them for 10$ each in Elm Grove W.Va. @ Milligans's shop. The Wizner ones.
He was an authorized Winchester repair shop. Those days are long gone I guess.

Last edited by Shorty123; 02-20-2021 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-20-2021, 07:36 AM
azshot
US Navy NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
There are a lot of buying fools right now. I saw 3 boxes of primers get bid up to $500. I had a friend who showed me his shed full of .22 LR ammo, then said "I can't see well enough to shoot any more, but I keep buying it..."
Old 02-20-2021, 08:27 AM
Stockcrafter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azshot View Post
There are a lot of buying fools right now. I saw 3 boxes of primers get bid up to $500. I had a friend who showed me his shed full of .22 LR ammo, then said "I can't see well enough to shoot any more, but I keep buying it..."
You can't mean box = 100 primers?
Old 02-20-2021, 10:10 AM
ClarenceAnderson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azshot View Post
Hoarders like this jerk are one of the main reasons for the present ammo crises. Maybe he's one of the many who, when a store imposes a purchase quota, evades it by recruiting his whole family & friends to go with him to the store.
Old 02-20-2021, 10:11 AM
Flintlock28

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockcrafter View Post
You can't mean box = 100 primers?
Back a number of weeks ago, i paid about .20 per primer, including shipping, for Small rifle primers. Before the panic, i was paying about 3.5 cents per primer.

Go to auction sites now, and I'm starting to see the new "normal", at about .40 cents per primer!

Glad i have about 5000 large rifle primers on hand, and about 2000 small rifle primers also.

It's getting absurd.
Old 02-20-2021, 10:14 AM
ClarenceAnderson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarDaBear View Post
I saw today some fools got into a bidding war on a Winchester 82A sight and paid $171.00 for it.
Actually, I think that's about the going rate--more than cost of a Lyman 48, usually. You were lucky to find one for much less.
Old 02-20-2021, 10:20 AM
ClarenceAnderson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintlock28 View Post

It's getting absurd.
Way beyond that! And as long as greedy fools keep paying those prices, where's the incentive for sellers to lower them?

Ammo makers should have a responsibility to investigate dealers selling above MSRP, & cut off further shipments to them.
Old 02-20-2021, 07:36 PM
StannisBaratheon

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarDaBear View Post
ClarenceAnderson,
I sent him a message a couple of weeks ago when he had it listed as an original Winchester produced mag listed for $120.00 and explained it was a mag made by Wisner's and Wisner sold them direct for $20.00.
He messaged me back he had corrected the ad, I almost choked when I saw his Buy It Now price of $100.00.
That's throwing 'stuff' at the wall and hoping it will stick and some fool will pay that much for it.
A fool and his money are soon parted.
I bought a complete one off ebay a week or two ago and paid just under 1/2 of that including tax and shipping and I thought that was a bit high.
Iím the fool that paid $171. I had a line on a few of these and every seller was asking between $140-200 depending on condition so I donít feel I overpaid too much. I wish I saw the sight you got for half the price, that seems like a good deal. Maybe I overpaid a little, but theyíre not making any more of these.

My thinking with old guns (and accessories) is you never overpay, you just buy too early
Old 02-20-2021, 09:21 PM
ClarenceAnderson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StannisBaratheon View Post

My thinking with old guns (and accessories) is you never overpay, you just buy too early
I don't subscribe to that theory (invented by cheating dealers), but what you paid is right at the average price.
Old 02-21-2021, 01:37 AM
LarDaBear
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StannisBaratheon View Post
Iím the fool that paid $171. I had a line on a few of these and every seller was asking between $140-200 depending on condition so I donít feel I overpaid too much. I wish I saw the sight you got for half the price, that seems like a good deal. Maybe I overpaid a little, but theyíre not making any more of these.

Sorry to hear you paid that much, maybe I'm still stuck on the prices they sold for a year and two years ago. I just can't see and understand how people are demanding such high prices and others are paying that much for stuff.

I paid under $600 including shipping for my 1927 100% original Model 52 slow lock and it still had the original 82A and the shark fin front sight on it AND the .22Long.R marked on the follower 1919 patent date magazine. Granted it's not a safe queen and has been used but well cared for in it's 93+ years. It IS a good shooter and currently my favorite rifle.
There ARE bargains to be had,
I wait until prices are what I think are reasonable or even bargain prices and then I pounce on the stuff I want.