magazine blue print - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-20-2018, 11:34 AM
minuteshaver

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
magazine blue print

anyone seen blueprints for the 10/22 magazine?
Old 02-20-2018, 01:12 PM
51stState
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minuteshaver View Post
Look here is close enough
https://patents.google.com/patent/US6502495
Old 02-20-2018, 01:31 PM
crackedcornish
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minuteshaver View Post
I've never seen prints for the mags...I have lots of different ones for the receivers though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2018, 01:40 PM
gunsmither
RFC Sponsor
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 51stState View Post
Wow, that link is to my 10/22 Last Shot Hold Open patent!

That is so cool that we can now find patents on Google. When I did a preliminary search for related patents, I had to go to the University of Washington's Engineering Library (I think it was?) to search on microfilm! What a difference! Viva Internet!

I thought I'd be able to retire from that invention! Alas, I failed to interest Ruger
in the idea of modifying the magazines. Right about the same time my patent was granted, the CST hold open device patent was granted -

http://cstmtech.com/10-22bs2g/ . This is a much better solution than my idea, and I congratulate the inventor of that device, on a job well done.

I spent a small fortune on Patent Lawyer fees! Those boys have a license to steal!
Had I known about the CST patent, I'd have saved myself a ton of money.

UNIQUE gunsmithing tools and accessories for 10/22's, MkII's, S&W
Old 02-20-2018, 03:37 PM
Tyendor
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
That's pretty cool Joe!

Are your other tools patented too?
Old 02-20-2018, 05:18 PM
51stState
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmither View Post
Wow, that link is to my 10/22 Last Shot Hold Open patent!

That is so cool that we can now find patents on Google. When I did a preliminary search for related patents, I had to go to the University of Washington's Engineering Library (I think it was?) to search on microfilm! What a difference! Viva Internet!

I thought I'd be able to retire from that invention! Alas, I failed to interest Ruger
in the idea of modifying the magazines. Right about the same time my patent was granted, the CST hold open device patent was granted -

http://cstmtech.com/10-22bs2g/ . This is a much better solution than my idea, and I congratulate the inventor of that device, on a job well done.

I spent a small fortune on Patent Lawyer fees! Those boys have a license to steal!
Had I known about the CST patent, I'd have saved myself a ton of money.
I'm glad it worked for you....
Old 02-20-2018, 07:02 PM
gunsmither
RFC Sponsor
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyendor View Post
That's pretty cool Joe!

Are your other tools patented too?
Yes, I patented my recoil pad jig; another waste of money. The only reason I patented either the jig or the hold open device was because I had contacted other
companies with ideas I had, and they all told me they only dealt with patented items.

Even if either item had been a big success, a patent is only any good if you can
afford to defend it in court. The whole system is a scam as far as I'm concerned,
for the enrichment of Law firms. It's for the big guys; little people with a great idea are out of luck if they can't afford to fight for their patent. Unless the
item has the potential to earn a lot for the patent holder, I don't believe they'd be able to defend it if someone just took their idea to market.

When I started the patent process on the 10/22 Mag hold open, the law firm was charging $180 per hour. By the time the patent was granted two years later, they had doubled their hourly fee to $360 per hour! I used to dread going to the mail box and finding another bill from them.

None of my other tools are patented; not worth it. If someone wants to copy them, have at it!

UNIQUE gunsmithing tools and accessories for 10/22's, MkII's, S&W
Old 02-21-2018, 01:37 AM
minuteshaver

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
patents are always dicey, typically a gun patent is going to cost 50,000 and companies ONLY reimburse the cost to patent, no profit sadly.

Im trying to get a decent cross sectional view that has the feed angle fully dimensioned. Im pondering a modification but im wondering how much "slop" the arrangement has because wear and tear on magazines is going to change it after a while..
Old 02-21-2018, 12:54 PM
Brimstone
RFC Sponsor
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Gunsmither I hear you. Weve toyed with the idea of getting parents for stuff, but it always seemed like the money was going to be better spent on actually perfecting the part, marketing, and being the first to market with it. Like you said, the deeper you dive into the patent system the more of a scam it looks like. Its not difficult to skirt around a patent with a little ingenuity, and a company like Ruger could just bury me in legal fees if they were so inclined. So, just focus on making the best quality product you can and presenting it well and quickly .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or find us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/BrimstoneGunsmithing
Old 02-22-2018, 12:35 AM
minuteshaver

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
even the patent office admits the whole thing is a scam when it comes to a lawsuit. its not about whos actually right or wrong in terms of infringement, its merely a matter of he who has most money and lawyers WINS. loser pays all lawyer fees and damages.