Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-17-2021, 02:19 PM
Boilerjack22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
New Enclosed Trailer

I just bought on Friday a 7’ x 14’ enclosed, 7 ft tall inside, double axle, electric braked, swing door (no drop back door), trailer. All of the walls are heavy real plywood and the floor is doubled layered marine grade coated plywood.

The trailer will be here in 3 weeks, soon if it becomes available and if color is not a limiting factor. I ordered white, but will take black, to get it sooner.

I ordered my brake controller, it will be here Friday, I also bought the wiring harness adapters for my GMC van, so it’s suppose to be basically plug and play.

A retirement present to me…..
Old 10-17-2021, 02:40 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Congrats!

My 6x10 HaulMark was one of the best things I ever bought - in the early 2000's. Mobile RC workshop for fly-in's, but been used for multiple "moves" by myself and also for friends. Pulls behind my Sorento just as well as my F150. I've slept in it at motorcycle track days more than once.

A cheap "Landscape" trailer is also worthwhile. I paid $400 for my 5x10, carries three dirt bikes and a heck of a lot easier to load them than up and into the back of the truck.

It's like having a truck - once you do, you will never again not. Once you've had a trailer, same thing.
Old 10-17-2021, 03:25 PM
Rosscoe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Congrtats What will be it's main use?
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2021, 03:34 PM
Boilerjack22

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
For about the first 5-6 months, mobile storage, then used in moving and other family things.
Old 10-17-2021, 03:36 PM
carbineone

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I am envious..I always wanted a enclosed trailer to more securely haul my Cannons.. I get nervous with this one out in the open so often..Maybe someday..

Old 10-17-2021, 03:42 PM
Boilerjack22

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbineone View Post
I am envious..I always wanted a enclosed trailer to more securely haul my Cannons.. I get nervous with this one out in the open so often..Maybe someday..

[img]https:+//i.imgur.com/ZfnS7ln.jpg?1[/img]

Some how I don’t believe that’s .17/.22LR/.22mag……………

One I the girls I dated in HS, father had a cannon that shot, beer cans full of cement. He did not seem impressed when I ordered to supply him in “casings”
Old 10-17-2021, 04:14 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Send a message via AIM to comfisherman
Out of curiosity what are your guys opinions on the ideal general use size. I have almost enough left over Coosa and divincell left over from a boat project to do a 12x something trailer. Have enough resin and glass to do bigger and am not abject to going larger, but would prefer to keep it small as necessary.

What's the ideal size for a jobsite covered trailer for the hobby type guy. My last wells cargo was a big havey double door repurposed snowmobile trailer. I see the little 5x10 and 5x8s but seems like the 7x12 is much more popular.

What size do yall prefer and what do you use them for?

My tools are much lighter now and can fit in a bed of a truck but are a pain to lift in and out of. I'm doing less island work so a trailer would be nice and more secure.
Old 10-17-2021, 11:32 PM
Vee3

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:

You have a Hughes? Wow, nice. I assume it's a repro?
Old 10-18-2021, 02:35 AM
GP_in_Minn
Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:

You get nervous? Just think about the guy driving behind you.

Gregg
Old 10-18-2021, 03:34 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfisherman View Post
Out of curiosity what are your guys opinions on the ideal general use size.
I think only you can say what suits you.

There have been many situations where I am glad mine are no larger. Most recently when I bought my house, because they both *just* fit thru my gates to the back yard. Within an inch. Any wider and I'd be SOL.

I've only once wished one was was a little longer, but that would have required it being wider as well.

It's like the debate over truck bed length. A "full size" would be nice but the convenience of short bed with rear seats comfortable enough for a cross-country trip wins out. You can always drop the gate and use the bed extender. That means it's also usable around town and fits in office parking decks. That's what suits me (and my family, when I had one.)
Old 10-18-2021, 06:46 AM
Dean2

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
You will have great fun and use out of that trailer. It will make a great camping toy hauler. For me, a major consideration is the wheels have to track in my pickup wheel ruts, otherwise it is swinging all over going down muddy or sandy roads. Second thing that is important in an 8' roof height. If you are going to load a side by side in it, the extra overhead height accommodates the roll cage, also the ropps on many lawn tractors.
Old 10-18-2021, 08:54 AM
dbr65
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (284)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee3 View Post
Wow, for a minute I thought that might be his carbine.

Doug
Old 10-18-2021, 09:36 AM
carbineone

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee3 View Post
Yeah it is a repro..Only one original left that I know of and it sold last time for 75,000 I think it was, way out of my financial means..I spent about teen months building it..

People do not get too nervous probably. business end point at me,LOL It does get alot of attention and questions though..
Old 10-18-2021, 09:44 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The unseen side was a landscape like the rear end double doors seen here. I grew bored with the tediousness of landscape and went SouthCentral LA on the last side for my deer hunting blind trailer my Kawasaki Mule was stored in. The deer did not like the all white 'box' even with snow on the ground so back home it came the following spring for the camo paint job. The camo worked and many a critter died from it including a couple turkeys and some coyotes.

As the other poster said Com, size is what suits your purpose. JMO YMMV ETC

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...1&d=1634564177
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 25BDFE65-2586-47C9-A83C-32BF11908867_1_105_c.jpeg (367.4 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Al the Infidel; 10-18-2021 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-18-2021, 09:47 AM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I was thinking you were getting ready to build your own camper. Make sure you put some kind of decal on it. There are so many of those trailers around that it makes them easy for people to steal because they blend in so easy.