Offhand Handgun Kings, stats, trash talk, shout outs, and awesome pistols - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-24-2021, 03:34 PM
Signmaster
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

The movies video thought might make my search easier, a lot of range training videos have quite a bit of talking in them.

I saw where you mentioned the new upper. Hopefully you don't start wiping us out too quick with irons. But if you do, that makes other people try harder.

As for your score.... only time will tell. I have days where I don't feel like I'm shooting great but shoot well. Other days I feel like it's all coming together until I pull my target back.

As for Kingrider, keep in mind it was a fairly new to him pistol, and he's only entered 2-3 scores. We should all hope he doesn't shoot pistol quite as well as he shoots offhand rifle, because his rifle scores are fairly amazing. I wouldn't want to guess how many rounds down range he has under his belt, but you don't get that good by not shooting often.
Old 09-27-2021, 10:38 PM
Signmaster
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well.... I did it again!

Went and shot the Victor again Sunday, and not so great really. The best I managed @15 yards with irons was a 210, and I faded from there.

But not before making another DOOOOH! moment. The Victor rear sight windage adjusts backwards to my Ruger and my scope on the Rossi. So guess who moved the wrong direction AGAIN... that makes 2 times out of 3 I've had it out.

BUT.... I'm going to finish making my "cheat sheet" for the Victor, and hopefully that will end me doing this. Probably not, but hopefully.

I often make "cheat sheats" for sight adjustments, that break MOA down into turns at yardages I might shoot. Along with sight adjustment direction of turn. Saves time doing math at the range, and saves me forgetting what the various adjustments are in MOA before I have to do the math.

My absent minded shooter tip of the day. Don't be like me and adjust them backwards.... it's not good for groups!
Old 10-15-2021, 02:48 AM
Signmaster
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Is this OK for 25 yards?

Read 'em and weep guys...

How does this look for 5 shots at 25 yards?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Victor 25 yards best 5 shots 10-14-21.jpg (21.2 KB, 36 views)
Old 10-15-2021, 08:32 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signmaster View Post

Like a good rifle target.
Old 10-15-2021, 09:39 AM
Rocinante
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:

Looks like six shots, unless that hole in the eight ring is a keyhole.

Old 10-15-2021, 10:15 AM
jazzsax8
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
yes

With a scoring plug that 8 becomes a 9 and if you can do that X5 it might be time to get behind you with support especially if we could win back our money X5! Personally, I am humbled.
Old 10-15-2021, 03:33 PM
Signmaster
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Oooops.... I guess I should show the rest of the target? Isn't this the best 5 shots per target, shoot as many as you want?

The 8 was from plugging it, and Jazzsax8 is right, plugged it's barely a 9.

I can't believe you guys fell for this.... this is the trash talk thread. The shots are legit, but just about the only ones in the black on that target!

Just making sure everyone still has a pulse, and doing some 25 yard work. The other target from that set actually wasn't bad, at 76%. I'm still getting used to the Victor, and hopefully do more 25 yard work. Those out of the ring shots hurt bad, I've got to get rid of them.

But then again, at 25 yards this can be a tough target. Smaller than the Bullseye target for this range and slow fire.
Old 10-15-2021, 03:34 PM
Signmaster
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
Like a good rifle target.
The sad thing is, I think my actual best targets have been pistol! I can't get my lightweight Rossi dialed in for crap shooting offhand rifle. My closer range pistol targets have been better for sure.
Old 10-15-2021, 04:34 PM
Rocinante

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzsax8 View Post
With a scoring plug that 8 becomes a 9 and if you can do that X5 it might be time to get behind you with support especially if we could win back our money X5! Personally, I am humbled.
Maybe with a .45 caliber scoring plug.

Old 10-15-2021, 05:13 PM
Signmaster
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
Maybe with a .45 caliber scoring plug.

I don't even own a .45 right now, so 9mm will have to do! But I'm sure the handicap system for us younger shooters covers that... after all we have less experience.

But I always stay fair to myself and everyone else, but will admit at times I'm shocked when I plug them. The ones that kill me is when you lose a lot of points by just a hair. But on the flip side I always note the barely shots in my shooting notes. Solid middle of the ring shots are always better, and something to strive for.

I still have a lot of work to do at 25 yards, and have a bit of a range hurdle as well. The range where I shoot has absolute crap for light at 25 yards, and with a clear front sight post the contrast on the target is bad. They have fairly good lighting at 10 and 15 yards, then 25 just sucks. I might try to see if I'm better off shooting point of aim/point of impact at 25 yards. That or maybe pay for a large target and paste it backwards below the A23s to pull some light in.
Old 10-15-2021, 07:58 PM
Rocinante

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I don't even own a .45 right now, so 9mm will have to do! But I'm sure the handicap system for us younger shooters covers that... after all we have less experience.

But I always stay fair to myself and everyone else, but will admit at times I'm shocked when I plug them. The ones that kill me is when you lose a lot of points by just a hair. But on the flip side I always note the barely shots in my shooting notes. Solid middle of the ring shots are always better, and something to strive for.

I still have a lot of work to do at 25 yards, and have a bit of a range hurdle as well. The range where I shoot has absolute crap for light at 25 yards, and with a clear front sight post the contrast on the target is bad. They have fairly good lighting at 10 and 15 yards, then 25 just sucks. I might try to see if I'm better off shooting point of aim/point of impact at 25 yards. That or maybe pay for a large target and paste it backwards below the A23s to pull some light in.
Again you make me feel guilty about my wonderful and almost uninhabited country range.

I was there for almost three hours today.........alone.

Old 11-04-2021, 12:23 AM
Signmaster
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
Again you make me feel guilty about my wonderful and almost uninhabited country range.

I was there for almost three hours today.........alone.

I wish. I could shoot several sets with a break in between them if that was the case. I often shoot 2 or 3 sets max. Between time risks and distractions it's not worth staying too long most days.

Slow month for the pistol entries. Only 1 person shot at 10 yards (Emagcon) but at least he shot two different pistols. I was the only one that shot at 25 yards...maybe I should have taken a second pistol!

The 15 yard scores were busier, but not by a lot. With Rocinante shooting irons and optics that added to the mix some. Getting pretty tight with those irons already too.... and closing in on the top scores quick with irons.

We're going to have to promote this pistol match more if we don't all want to get bored being the only shooters when the outside ranges are closed or too cold!