Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Is the place for Ruger Wrangler's?

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Cowpokey 
#1 ·
Well I have one. 3D printed.

#4 ·
It appears to be basically an MIM barrel, ejector guide, frame and hammer, only "real" steel appears to be cylinder and springs. Strange thing is almost no land and groves, at first glance I thought it was a smooth bore. Accuracy is so-so, it patterns not groups. So its not up to my Uberti 357 Colt clone or my 63 year old Ruger Standard bought new that's for sure.

Now I'm actually pleased it is very lightly cut for the grooves as I wanted a 22 revolver for snake shooting here around the house and yard and for $217 OTD IIRC. Doggone taxes.

Down side is heavy hammer spring and the loading gate is bear to open. Those two things about wore me out just shooting one box of CCI standard. It's now loaded with old Federal shot shells from early 90's and just sitting around waiting...

#5 ·
I just bought one recently..197.00.00 OTD. For that price I am not going to complain about the trigger, or accuracy or loading gate. It is what it is a cheap little plinker. The loading gate and hammer will loosen up some eventually I think with use.

I would not have bought a budget Revolver from probably anyone else. If it turns into a crapper. We can atleast expect Ruger will take care of us anyway.

#6 ·
I just bought one recently..197.00.00 OTD. For that price I am not going to complain about the trigger, or accuracy or loading gate. It is what it is a cheap little plinker. The loading gate and hammer will loosen up some eventually I think with use.

I would not have bought a budget Revolver from probably anyone else. If it turns into a crapper. We can atleast expect Ruger will take care of us anyway.
Ever shot the Heritage Roughrider for comparison? Heritage has been making those things forever.

#14 ·

amazing people that buy a $200 revolver and expect it to be a Single Six in accuracy and dependability.. LOL

b

#7 ·
No I have not. But I have looked them over at shows before. Just from looking and evaluating them in the hand I was not too impressed. I think the Wrangler might have a edge on quality a little. And not saying Heritage may not have good CS. But I know Ruger does.

I suppose the Wrangler was brought out to go after the Heritage market.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.