Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Postal season coming up

4K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  old navy guy 
#1 ·
With the Postal season approaching, I have started a couple of training / practice things, I try to shoot a minimum 100 or more rounds every weekend and simple weight training with a 5lb dumbbell (not the little dog, either:D) any other ideas of what anyone might be doing?
Have a great Day

#2 ·
Well that plan didn't work out as advertised, I ended up with a torn rotator in my left shoulder, had that repaired in Oct. Got off to a very slow start almost at the point of going backwards. Have not shot the MK II in a while, long enough that I have to read the manual just to be sure. Postal Season starts pretty quick so I best get my butt off the couch and get my gear ready. So to all of you who compete in Postals, have a great season, be safe, and have fun.:bthumb:

#9 ·
Well the 2020 Season has come to an end, A crazy season to be sure. I finished #17 out of 69 shooters and #2 with in my club. Missed first by 1.003. Ave 269 with 56 bulls. Not to bad for a 31 year old MK II govt mod fired by an even much older old navy guy. Have a Great Spring, Summer, and Fall. Be Safe everyone.:bthumb:

#10 ·
So here it is 2021, Shot my first Postal targets of the season, 267-3 to start, With all that is going on I still do not have a valid excuse for not getting my butt out of the recliner and practicing. Postal requires you to Shoot one handed bullseye. My MK II Gov target is getting a little heavy at times but i will keep trying.
Have a Great Navy Day.:bthumb:

#11 ·
Hey old navy guy

You need to be doing a lot of dry firing practice!

Standing and aiming at a target is great, get a bull sized for the distance you are practicing in the room you are dry firing. Once you get fatigued of that, you can sit on the couch and dry fire with the pistol in your lap so that you get familiar with your trigger. Quality dry firing while concentrating on the trigger feel. Not the well I gotta do 100 dry fires so I will dry fire till I get a hundred type of practice, but quality.

Regards,
crankster

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.