LOL nice!
Old 06-29-2018, 12:20 PM
cmatera
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
50% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B23 View Post
Opinions may differ but I think it is 100% worth it! There is no way around the sonic crack but it's down range so it is pretty minimal. The muzzle blast is substantially less though. My suppressed Bmag is, maybe, a little louder than a pellet gun.

The Dead Air mask is a very very good suppressor and would easily be my second choice but the TBAC 22 Takedown suppressor would definitely be my first choice.
Can I ask who threaded your Bmag? Mine is the ss hb. Did you sen the whole gun in or just action&barrl or just the barrel. I have a Sparrow SS Id like to try on mine.
Old 06-29-2018, 01:07 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B23 View Post
Well yeah, but everything probably seems mouse fart quiet when you're on PCP.
Hmmm, so thats what its like being on pcp.
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2018, 03:01 PM
B23

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmatera View Post
Can I ask who threaded your Bmag? Mine is the ss hb. Did you sen the whole gun in or just action&barrl or just the barrel. I have a Sparrow SS Id like to try on mine.
Defensive Edge Rifles does all my work and builds all my guns, they are relatively close so it works out great for me, and they do exceptional work.

If you are going to hand deliver your gun to a smith to have the barrel threaded I'd just take the whole gun but if you are mailing it off to have the barrel threaded there's no need to pay the shipping on the stock and all you need to send is the barreled action. There is no need to remove the barrel, they'll just slide the barreled action in through the chuck from the end and do it without removing the barrel.

If for some reason you or your smith has to remove the barrel, I have a set of 17 WSM go/no go gauges I'd be happy to loan you so you can reset the headspace.
Old 06-29-2018, 03:07 PM
B23

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Hmmm, so thats what its like being on pcp.
Oh, come now Al, didn't you grow up in the 60's with free love, flowers in your hair, and when trips to Woodstock were all the rage???? Don't pretend like you don't know anything about those psychedic days of the 60's.
Old 06-29-2018, 04:22 PM
cmatera

TPC Rating: 
50% (1)
B23-Thank you
One last ?
To cut or not to cut down the barrel and if so to what?

Last edited by cmatera; 06-29-2018 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-29-2018, 05:06 PM
B23

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmatera View Post
B23-Thank you
One last ?
To cut or not to cut down the barrel and if so to what?
That has to be your call, but I can tell you this, I had mine cut back to 20 inches when it got threaded and I've never regretted it a single day. As you've probably read, I've chronographed my Bmag with the now 20in. barrel and it avg. high 2990's FPS with the 20gr Vmax ammo.

Suppressors obviously add weight and length and I'm a bit OCD about rigidity so it was an easy decision, for me, to have a couple inches lopped off the end. Also, it gave my gunsmith a little stub piece of barrel to make a thread protector out of that perfectly matches the barrel.

Ever gun that I've had the barrel shortened either shot every bit as well or sometimes even slightly better, when it had a little taken off the end.

There, I didn't completely twist your arm but definitely gave you a good nudge in the direction of shortening it.