Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-29-2018, 11:17 AM
Magnum22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Squirrel Hunters - Bristol TN/VA area

Hello all! I hope everyone has been able to get out and enjoy squirrel hunting this season. I usually go 2 or 3 times a week, sometimes more. I live in the area where TN, VA, and NC come together (close to Bristol TN/VA area) and have access to a few good spots. There is no shortage of big game hunters in this area, but I'm having a hard time finding anyone with an appetite for squirrel hunting! I was hoping that I might be able to reach out on here to find others in the area who love squirrel hunting and rimfire guns as much as I do. I chose to post this here instead of the club finder threads, because I felt like more hunters would see it here. Please feel free to message or email me to get something set up!

Happy hunting!
Nathan
Old 10-29-2018, 01:22 PM
patience0830
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (54)
Welcome to the RFC!

Good luck in your quest. Only guy I know out your way is tfrank and he's much closer to DC than you are.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:21 PM
SARGE
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (75)
There's gotta be other squirrel hunters in that area!!!
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2018, 05:19 PM
Thestarling

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I live in the Upstate of South Carolina, a little bit of a drive south. I don't know if I could convince my wife to let me squirrel hunt 3 hours away, but we do have friends in Mars Hill, NC. Know of any good spots around there?
Old 10-29-2018, 08:36 PM
jm17
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
90% (8)
Nathan, I live in Johnson City. I enjoy getting out for squirrels once and while. PM me, maybe we can get out some time.
Old 10-31-2018, 03:50 PM
jwp1964
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I live in Maryville, but make numerous trips up to that area to visit friends in Blountville. Id be up for getting out sometime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2019, 09:46 PM
ford4wd08
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I know I'm late to this thread, but I'm in Alcoa, TN.

I'm new to hunting with a rimfires for squirrels.

I would love to participate in a group hunt somewhere.

What pubkic lands do most people hunt in this part of the state?

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2019, 01:18 AM
bustedknee
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum22 View Post
Hello all! I hope everyone has been able to get out and enjoy squirrel hunting this season. I usually go 2 or 3 times a week, sometimes more. I live in the area where TN, VA, and NC come together (close to Bristol TN/VA area) and have access to a few good spots. There is no shortage of big game hunters in this area, but I'm having a hard time finding anyone with an appetite for squirrel hunting! I was hoping that I might be able to reach out on here to find others in the area who love squirrel hunting and rimfire guns as much as I do. I chose to post this here instead of the club finder threads, because I felt like more hunters would see it here. Please feel free to message or email me to get something set up!

Happy hunting!
Nathan
I am a late poster as well but now is the time to plan for fall. Squirrel hunting is my favorite.

I'm in Wythe County, VA and we got squirrels. We have Fox Squirrels as well as Grays and plenty of public land.
I have property in Franklin Co., VA where I do most of my squirrel hunting. In a good nut year its a blast.

Just like you, I love my 22's. Pistols and rifles. Last year I added a .22 silencer to my inventory and it really adds a new dimension to squirrel hunting. The woods quieten down a lot quicker after a shot...

Let me know if you want to drive up this way to scout or hunt.